+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard installation issue

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Sorry to be such a noobe, but I just JB'ed my 3G, no problem (that I could see, anyway), and then went to Cydia to install Winterboard. It all looked
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default winterboard installation issue
    Sorry to be such a noobe, but I just JB'ed my 3G, no problem (that I could see, anyway), and then went to Cydia to install Winterboard. It all looked like it went fine, but when I rebooted, there was no winterboard to be found anywhere. I went back to Cydia, and the app I supposedly downloaded was gone from the list. So, I dunno. What happened, or what do I do, or ?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Was this the first time you jailbroke your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. Do you think I should JB it again? I didn't see any errors, but then again, what do I know? The worst part of all this is my wife saying "why do you always have to f*** with stuff? Why can't you just leave it alone." Yikes.

OK, finally got it squared away. The crucial piece of information missing from the instructions I originally read left out the proper sequencing of the install, and where to go to get what was needed at what point in time. Once I drilled on it for a while, using various forums and google, I found it. Thanks to any and all. I'll be back, I'm sure.
    Last edited by doggeroo; 03-17-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost