Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making themes in WB...completely lost.

Thanks

Default Making themes in WB...completely lost.
    I suppose I should give a bit of backstory.

I just jailbroke my 3G a few hours ago with QuickPwn. I immediately downloaded Winterboard and checked out some themes on here. I wanted a Portal theme, but there isn't one. So, I thought to myself, "Make your own!"

I have NO idea where to start. I read tutorials and immediately got lost on the first few sentences. What is this /Library/ everyone talks about? Where is it located?

- I installed WB through Cydia directly on my phone.
    - I'm using XP.
    - I have the latest firmware (not sure if that matters).

tldr; please explain in baby words how to start. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

ok when people say/somthing/like/this it is usually a path that you need to follow, each slash represents a layer deeper that you need to navigate

in this case it is when browsing the root partition via ssh or diskaid, you will find library then once you open that folder you will find themes... which is where the iphone stores the themes you download from cydia

you can also add your own through there.

i reccomend disk aid if you dont want alot of hassle

Thanks

Got DiskAid, which just had a .pdf telling me to get FileAid. I got FileAid, which did nothing but make my phone a portable HD (it's nice, sure, but not what I want).

Still not seeing anything about the /Library/ partition, and openssh is just for Macs, I'm assuming. I downloaded it and have no idea what the next step is.

Edit: I got SBSettings and started following this tutorial, but I was right, Fugu is for OSX, as is Transmit. DiskAid is still absolutely useless.

If there are any Windows users out there who can help out, please respond.
    Last edited by radiobath; 03-05-2009 at 07:09 PM.

SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki

I assume you're just wanting a basic theme based on Portal rather than a full-blown one, since you haven't any idea where to start yet. Over time you'll get used to the editing and stuff and you'll be able to do whatever you want.

But for basics, the /Library/ thing is a part of your iPhone folders/files, and to get there you use OpenSSH with winscp_usb to connect to it.
    Go into Cydia, install Mobileterminal and OpenSSH (You can find them through search), then follow the instructions to connect your iPhone through SSH.
    From there you can look through the theme files you've downloaded in the directory /Library/Themes/. Whatever themes you make also go there.

Search around the website for guides on making themes, there are many resources. If you're willing to spend time, a few minutes of search should be no problem. After all, we're iPhone/iPod addicts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GkCHN For This Useful Post:

radiobath (03-05-2009)

Thanks

GkCHN, thank you so much. You're truly a lifesaver.