+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What keeps the appstore icons in squares?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
i know theres an easier way to change icons, but im trying something where i change the icons directly in their root folders as opposed to using a theme .
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default What keeps the appstore icons in squares?
    i know theres an easier way to change icons, but im trying something where i change the icons directly in their root folders as opposed to using a theme . i using icons similar to stereo's leopard theme. i was able to change all icons for jailbroken apps (cydia apps),, but the prob comes when i try to edit the appstore app icons

i go to var -- mobile -- applications. the subfolder here for each app is a weird serial number. so ill go into say the google app folder, ill change the icon.png for the new one i want to use (3d style like Stereos Leopard), it will change the icon on my homescreen, but still keep it in a sqaure, as opposed to letting it be sized bigger and "die cut" like the png file actually is. anyone know whats restricting the icons to these boxes and how to remove the restriction?

no one?
    Last edited by iPh0wned; 01-17-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

there 3 pngs that adds a overlay and a shadow and a mask.
    See 1 & 2 here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...nterboard.html

you will need to mod these 2 files.

this file should help too: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...-tutorial.html

I have 1 question, after changing the appstore icon like you did, did you try openning the app?
    Far as I know if you change the icon that way the app will not open.

this is what the pngs look like.
    Last edited by opusandbill; 01-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ya, the appstore still works after i modded the icon

where do i find the 3 pngs you refer to? is it in each application's folder, or in a universal folder where it applies it to all appstore apps?

would deleting the 3 pngs suffice in order to allow the custom icon to be displayed without being boxed up?