+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'slide to unlock' Text Change

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I'm working on a theme and would like to change the 'slide to unlock' and the 'slide to power off' text. I would like to do this within the theme
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 'slide to unlock' Text Change
    I'm working on a theme and would like to change the 'slide to unlock' and the 'slide to power off' text.

I would like to do this within the theme its self.

Is this possible? Has anyone done this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

CS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i would also like to know this, ive tried many times, but it never works >.< help anyone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You'll need to modify your system strings. I don't know where you would need to put it in your theme folder or if that would even work though.

If you want to just change the text, try Customize. I've heard it still works for some people.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks - I was aware of Customize, but wanted to change it within the theme rather than a system change.

Thanks,

CS

Hi,

I just found this :

/Library/Themes/(Your Theme)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/springboard.strings

In the springboards string file paste this:
    Code:

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "Slide To Lock";
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL" = "Slide To Cancel";
    Is the springboard.strings file just a text only file? And does it matter if only this string is added?

Thanks,

CS
    Last edited by consumer.way; 12-11-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i changed my slider text within a theme without modifying the stock system files. heres how.

open the folder in the zip file and open all the subfolders in it till you get to the springboard.stings file. open that file in note pad and replace the text with your own where indicated. save it , making sure it still has the .strings extention if not add it. close and put the whole main folder(slider text.theme) with all the subfolders included in the themes folder in wintwerboard (you should already know where this is and how to do it.) now just select this in winterboard in adition to whatever theme your using. or just add the bundles folder and all subfolders within it to root of any theme folder you want to add it to. if theres a bundle folder already then go one step down and add the com.apple.springboard folder and all containning files and folders to the exisiting bundles folder of whatever theme you want to add it to.

i made mine as a seperate theme cause i want to keep the same text no matter what theme i use but if you have specific text you want to ad to specific themes then add the correct folder (and all containing folders and files) to the correct part of that theme

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

P.s. i put this all together and uploaded my self. thanks would be appreciated

p.p.s heres a pic of my lock screen

Buuuuuuuuump
    Last edited by djfantom; 12-11-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

Blik (12-17-2008), dr33Rocks (01-11-2009), iPhoneMadness (12-12-2008), Kiserai (03-15-2009), Matts (04-05-2009), Mr Disk (01-19-2009), mrsteve8 (10-16-2009), nemesis25stc (11-01-2009), Noghar (11-03-2009), pandapasta (12-15-2008), prankz55 (01-31-2009), spazora (04-05-2009), Vito_Corleone (03-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for your help.

This is how I have achieved it:

Create/Edit this text file:

/YOURTHEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

And add this text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to unlock</string>
    <key>POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to shut down</string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_ANSWER</key>
    <string>slide to answer</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Hope that helps

CS
    Last edited by consumer.way; 12-11-2008 at 12:05 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to consumer.way For This Useful Post:

Crysis Faction (06-29-2009), Jacoke3 (01-02-2010), Noghar (11-03-2009), zoblue (08-21-2009), zxsix (01-16-2009)

Thanks

Or, You can use 'Customise' if your on firmware 1.x.x.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Ms-djNMYI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - How To Change System Strings On NEW 2.2 Firmware iPhone,iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1st Gen (Update)[/ame]

This is a great video on how to change system strings.
    It might help you out!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iSWAT For This Useful Post:

RobbyC1983 (04-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The file I posted has the string file already prepared with the sections you need to change the text pointed out also the whole folder structure is done for you. I hope my post wasn't ignored as I took the time to put it together and upload myself and didn't just copy and paste info from other websites etc.....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

Blik (12-17-2008), Kiserai (07-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm still unable to work out how to change the background colour on the 'slide to unlock' text. The screenie above looks red/white.

I have the background image ready as thats the way it seems t change the colour - but i can not find out where to place this file within a theme folder.

Any help appreciated

CS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by consumer.way View Post
    I'm still unable to work out how to change the background colour on the 'slide to unlock' text. The screenie above looks red/white.

I have the background image ready as thats the way it seems t change the colour - but i can not find out where to place this file within a theme folder.

Any help appreciated

CS
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png
    Thats but i'm looking for a way to do this within a theme folder and not change a default file.

Thanks,

CS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by consumer.way View Post

Any help appreciated

CS
    place the file in the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder which is located in the Bundles folder in the theme. if those folders dont exist create them and put the file in. this is also where you put the custom slider image files.

your welcome in advance

p.s. i made mines red and white to match my logo, which is in the apple and used as the slider. i just copied the stock text mask and changed the color in a photo editing program.
    Last edited by djfantom; 12-15-2008 at 08:34 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

consumer.way (12-15-2008), pandapasta (12-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool - i'll try this shortly

CS

Thanks

Default Wow
    I've just been reading and going down this post, everything worked.
    Thanks a lot guys

Now i've got custom text and a coloured background

It's so much easier using winderboard than having to dive through the system images!

Thanks

Worked GREAT thanks

How did you get the ICON and change the color of TEXT?

Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    i changed my slider text within a theme without modifying the stock system files. heres how.

open the folder in the zip file and open all the subfolders in it till you get to the springboard.stings file. open that file in note pad and replace the text with your own where indicated. save it , making sure it still has the .strings extention if not add it. close and put the whole main folder(slider text.theme) with all the subfolders included in the themes folder in wintwerboard (you should already know where this is and how to do it.) now just select this in winterboard in adition to whatever theme your using. or just add the bundles folder and all subfolders within it to root of any theme folder you want to add it to. if theres a bundle folder already then go one step down and add the com.apple.springboard folder and all containning files and folders to the exisiting bundles folder of whatever theme you want to add it to.

i made mine as a seperate theme cause i want to keep the same text no matter what theme i use but if you have specific text you want to ad to specific themes then add the correct folder (and all containing folders and files) to the correct part of that theme

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

p.p.s heres a pic of my lock screen

Buuuuuuuuump

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll second that. How do we change the text color?
    Thanks!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
    I'll second that. How do we change the text color?
    Thanks!
    goto cydia... search Text highlight

chancefeick
    Default thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    thanks a lot dude

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSWAT View Post
    YouTube - How To Change System Strings On NEW 2.2 Firmware iPhone,iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1st Gen (Update)

This is a great video on how to change system strings.
    It might help you out!!
    OMG i cant stand this guy

he was putting up all of these videos about how to jailbreak an ipod 2g and he kept argueing with me about bull**** that he didnt have the first clue about