+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 'slide to unlock' Text Change

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I'm working on a theme and would like to change the 'slide to unlock' and the 'slide to power off' text. I would like to do this within the theme
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Default 'slide to unlock' Text Change
    I'm working on a theme and would like to change the 'slide to unlock' and the 'slide to power off' text.

    I would like to do this within the theme its self.

    Is this possible? Has anyone done this?

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks,

    CS

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    i would also like to know this, ive tried many times, but it never works >.< help anyone?

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts

    You'll need to modify your system strings. I don't know where you would need to put it in your theme folder or if that would even work though.

    If you want to just change the text, try Customize. I've heard it still works for some people.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Thanks - I was aware of Customize, but wanted to change it within the theme rather than a system change.

    Thanks,

    CS

    Hi,

    I just found this :

    /Library/Themes/(Your Theme)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/springboard.strings

    In the springboards string file paste this:
    Code:

    "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "Slide To Lock";
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL" = "Slide To Cancel";
    Is the springboard.strings file just a text only file? And does it matter if only this string is added?

    Thanks,

    CS
    Last edited by consumer.way; 12-11-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts

    i changed my slider text within a theme without modifying the stock system files. heres how.


    open the folder in the zip file and open all the subfolders in it till you get to the springboard.stings file. open that file in note pad and replace the text with your own where indicated. save it , making sure it still has the .strings extention if not add it. close and put the whole main folder(slider text.theme) with all the subfolders included in the themes folder in wintwerboard (you should already know where this is and how to do it.) now just select this in winterboard in adition to whatever theme your using. or just add the bundles folder and all subfolders within it to root of any theme folder you want to add it to. if theres a bundle folder already then go one step down and add the com.apple.springboard folder and all containning files and folders to the exisiting bundles folder of whatever theme you want to add it to.

    i made mine as a seperate theme cause i want to keep the same text no matter what theme i use but if you have specific text you want to ad to specific themes then add the correct folder (and all containing folders and files) to the correct part of that theme


    CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

    P.s. i put this all together and uploaded my self. thanks would be appreciated

    p.p.s heres a pic of my lock screen



    Buuuuuuuuump
    Last edited by djfantom; 12-11-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

    Blik (12-17-2008), dr33Rocks (01-11-2009), iPhoneMadness (12-12-2008), Kiserai (03-15-2009), Matts (04-05-2009), Mr Disk (01-19-2009), mrsteve8 (10-16-2009), nemesis25stc (11-01-2009), Noghar (11-03-2009), pandapasta (12-15-2008), prankz55 (01-31-2009), spazora (04-05-2009), Vito_Corleone (03-17-2009)

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Hey,

    Thanks for your help.

    This is how I have achieved it:

    Create/Edit this text file:

    /YOURTHEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

    And add this text:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to unlock</string>
    <key>POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to shut down</string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_ANSWER</key>
    <string>slide to answer</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Hope that helps

    CS
    Last edited by consumer.way; 12-11-2008 at 12:05 PM.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to consumer.way For This Useful Post:

    Crysis Faction (06-29-2009), Jacoke3 (01-02-2010), Noghar (11-03-2009), zoblue (08-21-2009), zxsix (01-16-2009)

  9. #7
    Green Apple FairLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Or, You can use 'Customise' if your on firmware 1.x.x.


  10. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Ms-djNMYI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - How To Change System Strings On NEW 2.2 Firmware iPhone,iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1st Gen (Update)[/ame]

    This is a great video on how to change system strings.
    It might help you out!!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to iSWAT For This Useful Post:

    RobbyC1983 (04-17-2009)

  12. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts

    The file I posted has the string file already prepared with the sections you need to change the text pointed out also the whole folder structure is done for you. I hope my post wasn't ignored as I took the time to put it together and upload myself and didn't just copy and paste info from other websites etc.....

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

    Blik (12-17-2008), Kiserai (07-05-2009)

  14. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    I'm still unable to work out how to change the background colour on the 'slide to unlock' text. The screenie above looks red/white.

    I have the background image ready as thats the way it seems t change the colour - but i can not find out where to place this file within a theme folder.

    Any help appreciated

    CS

  15. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    757
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 118 Times in 93 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by consumer.way View Post
    I'm still unable to work out how to change the background colour on the 'slide to unlock' text. The screenie above looks red/white.

    I have the background image ready as thats the way it seems t change the colour - but i can not find out where to place this file within a theme folder.

    Any help appreciated

    CS
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png

  16. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png
    Thats but i'm looking for a way to do this within a theme folder and not change a default file.

    Thanks,

    CS

  17. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by consumer.way View Post
    I'm still unable to work out how to change the background colour on the 'slide to unlock' text. The screenie above looks red/white.

    I have the background image ready as thats the way it seems t change the colour - but i can not find out where to place this file within a theme folder.

    Any help appreciated

    CS
    place the file in the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder which is located in the Bundles folder in the theme. if those folders dont exist create them and put the file in. this is also where you put the custom slider image files.

    your welcome in advance

    p.s. i made mines red and white to match my logo, which is in the apple and used as the slider. i just copied the stock text mask and changed the color in a photo editing program.
    Last edited by djfantom; 12-15-2008 at 08:34 AM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

    consumer.way (12-15-2008), pandapasta (12-15-2008)

  19. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Cool - i'll try this shortly

    CS

  20. #15
    What's Jailbreak? pandapasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Wow
    I've just been reading and going down this post, everything worked.
    Thanks a lot guys

    Now i've got custom text and a coloured background

    It's so much easier using winderboard than having to dive through the system images!

  21. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Blik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Worked GREAT thanks

    How did you get the ICON and change the color of TEXT?




    Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    i changed my slider text within a theme without modifying the stock system files. heres how.


    open the folder in the zip file and open all the subfolders in it till you get to the springboard.stings file. open that file in note pad and replace the text with your own where indicated. save it , making sure it still has the .strings extention if not add it. close and put the whole main folder(slider text.theme) with all the subfolders included in the themes folder in wintwerboard (you should already know where this is and how to do it.) now just select this in winterboard in adition to whatever theme your using. or just add the bundles folder and all subfolders within it to root of any theme folder you want to add it to. if theres a bundle folder already then go one step down and add the com.apple.springboard folder and all containning files and folders to the exisiting bundles folder of whatever theme you want to add it to.

    i made mine as a seperate theme cause i want to keep the same text no matter what theme i use but if you have specific text you want to ad to specific themes then add the correct folder (and all containing folders and files) to the correct part of that theme


    CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

    P.s. i put this all together and uploaded my self. thanks would be appreciated

    p.p.s heres a pic of my lock screen



    Buuuuuuuuump

  22. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'll second that. How do we change the text color?
    Thanks!

  23. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
    I'll second that. How do we change the text color?
    Thanks!
    goto cydia... search Text highlight

  24. #19
    chancefeick
    Guest
    Default thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    P.s. i put this all together and uploaded my self. thanks would be appreciated
    thanks a lot dude

  25. #20
    Developer/Hacker JStraitiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    2,391
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 283 Times in 214 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iSWAT View Post
    YouTube - How To Change System Strings On NEW 2.2 Firmware iPhone,iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1st Gen (Update)

    This is a great video on how to change system strings.
    It might help you out!!
    OMG i cant stand this guy

    he was putting up all of these videos about how to jailbreak an ipod 2g and he kept argueing with me about bull**** that he didnt have the first clue about

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts