+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick DIM addition for the iPhone 3G with WinterBoard

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
All this theme does is to give you a DIM feature, without having to edit any plists. It uses the stock 3G iPhone Brightness & General plist, and adds a
    Thanks

Default Quick DIM addition for the iPhone 3G with WinterBoard
    All this theme does is to give you a DIM feature, without having to edit any plists. It uses the stock 3G iPhone Brightness & General plist, and adds a DIM feature in Settings-Brightness, and also a 24H setting in Settings-General-Auto-Lock.
    I found that the DIM settings 'stick' if you change your auto-lock first, then go & set your DIM.
    Also, as others have noticed, you can't have auto-lock on 'never' and use DIM at the same time - DIM just gets disabled. This worked pre v2.1, but the code has changed, hence the inclusion of 24H. I reckon 24 hours should be long enough - I don't see myself not using the iPhone for longer than 24H anyways...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick DIM addition for the iPhone 3G with WinterBoard-img_0006.png   Quick DIM addition for the iPhone 3G with WinterBoard-img_0007.png   Quick DIM addition for the iPhone 3G with WinterBoard-img_0001.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the Dim settings that show up are very buggy currently i've noticed.
    when using one theme, A New Metaphor, the Dim settings shows up. otherwise, it's never there.
    Last edited by joydestroy; 04-22-2009 at 09:19 AM.