Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Skinning Status Bar BG

Default Help Skinning Status Bar BG
    Hey, I'm looking for the background images (if they exist) for the status bar so I can change their colors. Is this even possible with WB?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Oh yeah. Its possible.

StatusBar.png - is for the status bar itself. The symbols on it...well, depends on which one your talking about.

Can be used in Winterboard.

Thanks! Are there two different status bar images used? Such as one for the SB and one for when apps are open?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

No, that will only change the Springboard bar. Apps remain unchanged.

what is the location of the statusbar.png file that needs to be changed?

There are three status bars FSO_BG.png FST_BG.png and Default.png. The FSO is for the SB and for some apps, the Default is for the apps that don't use FSO, and the FST is for the Lockscreen. The images that go on the status bar all have either the FSO or Default prefix depending on wich status bar they go on, and the FST_BG (lockscreen status bar) uses the FSO images. All of these go in Folder/SpringBoard.app, or Bundles/com.apple.springboard of ur theme. Or u can use the shortcut of putting the FSO_BG.png in the first folder of ur theme, and renaming it to StatusBar.png (it does the same thing its just a shortcut that Saurik added to wb) and i think u can also put the Default.png in the main folder as well and rename it to StatusBarBlack.png, but again, that does the same thing as just putting it in ths springboard folder.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

DuckButter (03-20-2009)

perfect, thank you much!

Exclamation change status bar position
    im not trying to change the color or add items, but i am trying to change its position. i want to make it landscape, moving it to the right. i found a document on tinyurl.com/rtside , but the SSH terminal, wouldnt let me do anything. anyone got any ideas?

Do you know if i can change the statusbar color to white and how on ios 5?