Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Max icon size?

Default Max icon size?
    Trying to make my own icons, is there a size limit on icons? Not file size. The icon I'm trying to make needs to be 280x60 (I have my reasons) but it isn't working.

I believe 60x60 is the max.. if you need something wider or taller, try making separate icons but have them cut into each other, like a panorama.

For example: you want a 60hx120w. Make the image, and separate into two 60x60 icons.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Actually you can oversize them...but I dont know to what degree. I accidently created one...being tired and forgot to resize it before saving....as I was editing it at about 120x120 or something like that, it worked and was huge on my springboard.

So, I would play with it a bit....maybe there is a limit, other than that havent tried anything over 64x64.

Another solution would be to implement what your trying to do within your background image and make it look like part of the icon. Just a suggestion.

**Also, it may have something to do with Winterboard...through that it may work. I think if you just drop it into the file system on your iphone.....the phone will automatically resize the image to fit.
    Last edited by cpjr; 09-29-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Still can't get it to work it goes to 60x60, It has to be something with Categories, cause 80x80 works in winterboard until I add them to a category. I guess the only way is to make it blend with the background.