+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather Widget Help...

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Glad you like it Here it is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you like it

Here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather Widget Help...-dock.png  
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,164 Posts

Argh I wish the weather would hurry up and change to night so I can take the screenshots!

Thank you that is cool, I like it!

Okay the file is now updated to reflect darkness on the sand at night... =)
    Last edited by Doreen; 09-25-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Chefanim I know you mentioned you were using my Bliss one as well and you may have edited the grass to be darker on all the night time images but if not, you can re-download it from here: http://doreen.teknidermy.com/Weather...emes/Bliss.zip

Thanks again for your feedback and dock...
    Last edited by Doreen; 09-27-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey, are you the same Doreen that made an awesome (weather?) theme for Windows Mobile a while back?

I don't remember too much about it, but I remember it being very nice. If so, glad to see you working on something for the iPhone.

What I want to make for my iPhone is something like illuminated, but with updates every hour during the day/night with the sun/moon rising and setting. Would be cool to implement the weather in that too. I don't know, might just be a pipe dream for me though.

Thanks

For: ToasterBoyOhFour

Dock and Icons I used
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chefanim For This Useful Post:

ToasterBoyOhFour (10-01-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    For: ToasterBoyOhFour

Dock and Icons I used
    greatly appreciated! thank you!

Many thanks to Doreen for the theme and Chefanim as he answered every question and made this possible for me to understand and use
    Last edited by ToasterBoyOhFour; 10-01-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will this work on 2.1?
    Very nice work!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    will this work on 2.1?
    Very nice work!!!
    it should considering i am running 2.2

i checked cydia and i have iclarified and still cant find any blank apps when searching. is there a keyword i should use? i would prefer this method over the other method of clear icons. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ToasterBoyOhFour; 10-02-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Van Wildonher View Post
    Hey, are you the same Doreen that made an awesome (weather?) theme for Windows Mobile a while back?

I don't remember too much about it, but I remember it being very nice. If so, glad to see you working on something for the iPhone.

What I want to make for my iPhone is something like illuminated, but with updates every hour during the day/night with the sun/moon rising and setting. Would be cool to implement the weather in that too. I don't know, might just be a pipe dream for me though.
    Yes that would be me who else is crazy enough to do it? hehe

Sorry but the app I used for this type of theme for the Pocket PC was much more advanced then winterboard is, so there's not much that can be done in the way of support for full animation since there's limitations w/ animation using winterboard and also I don't think moon phases can be done as far as incorporated into this type of theme. (but as far as setting up a wallpaper by itself showing moon phases using html I bet that can be done)

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    it should considering i am running 2.2

i checked cydia and i have iclarified and still cant find any blank apps when searching. is there a keyword i should use? i would prefer this method over the other method of clear icons. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You need to add Steffwiz's Source to Cydia since the blanks come from his source. or just make a transparent icon and name it icon.png and drop that into your iPhone's default weather app and drag that over to your main weather page to lock it, that way when you tap on the invisible icon it will launch your weather app and you can see several days forecast.
    Last edited by Doreen; 10-02-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So is this gonna be up on Cydia soon then?

Thanks

No I doubt it, but I have all (3) of my themes posted here at: teknidermy.com

Well I discovered that if you simply rename the .png to .gif on my original set of icons and change the file extension in the configureMe file to .gif as well that even though when you try to open up the images in windows it says invalid file format "but" when you send them over to your iphone they still display w/ the quality of a png though they've been renamed to gifs, so I made two full animated icons which work just fine, no need to redownload the whole file again just grab this zip and rename your other images to .gif and change your configureMe file to .gif

As I work on the animated set of icons I will be adding them here for you guys that might be interested...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather Widget Help...-sunny.gif   Weather Widget Help...-sunny_night.gif  
    Last edited by Doreen; 10-06-2008 at 07:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is amazing!!!! If you could find a way to post this on cydia, I think that it would be one of the most popular apps out there. However, since I live about 6hrs away from a beach, I think that I might switch that to a mountain or something.
    Thanks again for taking the time to make this though...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome widget/theme.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there anyway this is going to be posted on Cydia? I installed it manually, but I only got the background to work it seems. I can't seem to get the weather to my location, nor the icons, and how did you get it to be an empty screen, I tried to move the icons over to 2nd and 3rd page and left 1st page empty but it would just automically move back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

All these are pretty frikken hawt, props to those working on them.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

see below (sorry).
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 10-13-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
    Is there anyway this is going to be posted on Cydia? I installed it manually, but I only got the background to work it seems. I can't seem to get the weather to my location, nor the icons, and how did you get it to be an empty screen, I tried to move the icons over to 2nd and 3rd page and left 1st page empty but it would just automically move back.
    weather widgets require each user to customize them for their application. located in the theme folder in /Private is a file called configureMe.js. this is where you configure the widget for your location/preferences.

as far as getting a blank screen, that requires blank apps. i have attached a zip file containing blank apps, which need to be ssh'd into your applications folder (i suggest dl'ing bboss's re-spring app to update the cache so they show up on the spring board).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Green Apple
    Thanks

I figured out how to put in the blank apps, but how exactly do I config the configureme.js. I went into it do I just add my zip code?

var locale = 76017 "Moscow, Russia" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

I just add my zip code after var locale = ##### and leave the rest of the information such as "Moscow, Russia" //e.g. . .... .. and so on there. I do not need to delete anything just edit and add my zip code?

Thanks

Just add your zip code in there, I found that seems only to work in the USA. i had to put in only: melbourne, australia in var loacal
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (10-25-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
    I figured out how to put in the blank apps, but how exactly do I config the configureme.js. I went into it do I just add my zip code?

var locale = 76017 "Moscow, Russia" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

I just add my zip code after var locale = ##### and leave the rest of the information such as "Moscow, Russia" //e.g. . .... .. and so on there. I do not need to delete anything just edit and add my zip code?
    You put the zip in the wrong spot. Take out the Moscow,Russia in quotation marks and put your zip code in there, not in front of it. Leave the quotation marks around the zip....

Like this:

var locale = "76017" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'