+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard resizing icons

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
OK...I have the latest version of Winterboard (0.9.2590-1) on FW 2.1. I have three icons (all dled from the appstore) that are smaller than the rest of my icons on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Winterboard resizing icons
    OK...I have the latest version of Winterboard (0.9.2590-1) on FW 2.1. I have three icons (all dled from the appstore) that are smaller than the rest of my icons on the screen. The strange thing is, I have some other apps from the app store that haven't been resized. I am thoroughly confused as to what is going on here. Here is an image of my springboard, and the icon on this page that is giving me problems is the "facebook" icon. anyone have any insight??? Please??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winterboard resizing icons-img_0002.png  

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I would assume it has something to do with the way the icon was created. In PhotoShop if it wasnt formatted properly before saving it can cause this. I have found that "merging" layers created for an icon works far better than "flattening" the image before saving.

If you can PM me with the icon file, I can take a look at it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trent J.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, it is probably just an accident within the theme, not the app or your phone.. The icon for that specific app probably wasnt made properly.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well that's what I thought originally so I tried switching the icon with other icons from the same set, and they were all getting resized. The strange part, is that I took an icon from another set, applied it, and it wasn't resized. I am just confused here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The same happens to me...since upgrading to 2.1 some of my App Store icons get re-sized and placed inside a regular sized black cube icon. I don't know exactly what the problem is but its easily solved by putting the app icon in the "Icons" folder within your theme rather than creating a "bundles" folder.

Since it happens with some apps and not others, I'm guessing there's a setting in the info.plist file that causes it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    The same happens to me...since upgrading to 2.1 some of my App Store icons get re-sized and placed inside a regular sized black cube icon. I don't know exactly what the problem is but its easily solved by putting the app icon in the "Icons" folder within your theme rather than creating a "bundles" folder.

Since it happens with some apps and not others, I'm guessing there's a setting in the info.plist file that causes it.
    How exactly would you go about doing that? I was under the impression that if you didn't have the bundles folder, that the app would crash?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

^^Nope, you can make all kinds of folders that do different things in winterboard. You can make an "Icons" folder and put the exact displayed name of each .png you want to use for each app.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mommashouse View Post
    How exactly would you go about doing that? I was under the impression that if you didn't have the bundles folder, that the app would crash?
    Winterboard is backwards compatible with Summerboard themes. Maybe at sometime it wasn't but I've never had a problem with any of the apps crashing. You can have an "Icons" folder inside of the Theme folder. As long as the name of the icon is exactly the same as the name that appears below the icon on the springboard then the icon will work...quick say icon 5 times fast

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow, did not know that...thanks a million all

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Hmmm, I know that. Didnt know it would cause a problem. Interesting.