Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Is this Theme WINTERBOARD Ready?is a discussion within the
WinterBoardforums, a part of the
Skinning / Themes Discussionsection;
I found this theme file that's pretty cool on the web.....thing is I don't know If i can just SSH into the phone and manually add the theme to my...
09-17-2008, 09:23 AM #1Is this Theme WINTERBOARD Ready?
I found this theme file that's pretty cool on the web.....thing is I don't know If i can just SSH into the phone and manually add the theme to my winterboard selections....i've read thru guides but some of them are chopped because of changes over the last few updates. Can someone just guide me in the right direction? I uploaded the theme, don't know the author but thought it looked nice
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM #2
I dont think the slider folder is correct, but the rest would work fine if you SSH'd it inSo long, and thanks for all the fish
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM #3
what is the directory for winterboard themes once I SSH?
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM #4
09-19-2008, 05:45 AM #5
the full path for that Themes folder is -- ? can you pls post that too....as I do not seem to "have" such a folder in Library....yet Winterboard is installed???
09-19-2008, 05:52 AM #6Winter Board problem
I installed winter board, badge orange & wbapp themes from cyndia. but i am able to change my themes. when i changed the theme only cyndia was using it. rest was unchanged. please help me on this. how can get thiese themes to work.
09-20-2008, 10:11 PM #7
1) First go to the following directory:
2) Then I created a folder named Punisher (you name the theme whatever you want)
3) then I used this guide to create a Winterboard theme
(credit must go to opusandbill, one of the best tutorials I have seen in a long time)
4) I followed the instructions STEP BY STEP. If I did not understand what he meant or what to do next, I just reread the instructions and then it was clear.
5) If done correctly, once winterboard is opened the theme you just created will be on the list and if you double tap the theme name (uncheck then check the theme) and hit the home button, a soft reboot will happen. I also figured that you can apply video wallpaper with winterboard. I was on a 1.1.4 JB phone for the longest time, and I just upgraded to 2.1 JB about 2 days ago, so if I figured it out anyone should be able to. Here is what my phone looks like (in the thread listed below, my pics are the fourth from the top of the page, I just remade all my themes I created from scratch).
Hope this helps and feel free to hit the thanks button.
Last edited by ninthchamber99; 09-20-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added text