+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard settings???

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I was wondering if there are any apps that deals with setting for winterboard? i.e. disable wallpaper, etc. I ask becasue I don't know how disable the brackground picture that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question winterboard settings???
    I was wondering if there are any apps that deals with setting for winterboard? i.e. disable wallpaper, etc. I ask becasue I don't know how disable the brackground picture that came with a theme bundle in order to display my own video background. Please help. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

freeboard customize and summerboard all have disable wallpaper options but i dont know which would work in conjunction with winterboard as ive never used winterboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggyrush View Post
    I was wondering if there are any apps that deals with setting for winterboard? i.e. disable wallpaper, etc. I ask becasue I don't know how disable the brackground picture that came with a theme bundle in order to display my own video background. Please help. Thanks
    open winterboard and touch the bar that says "User wallpaper". Then move it to the very top.

after exitting winterboard your phone will restart.

when you unlock you should now have the same wallpaper on your lockscreen and your springboard.

Thanks

is it possible to do the same thing using summer board on 1.1.4? I cant get my lock screen wallpaper to show through as a springboard wallpaper too. Ive tried turning wallpaper and theme wallpaper off in all different combinations of customize summerboard and free board?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tikigod19 View Post
    is it possible to do the same thing using summer board on 1.1.4? I cant get my lock screen wallpaper to show through as a springboard wallpaper too. Ive tried turning wallpaper and theme wallpaper off in all different combinations of customize summerboard and free board?
    sorry
    I stopped using summerboard, and I can't remember much about it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Open summerboard... turn theme wallpaper OFF. There should be another wallpaper option below.. make sure this is ON.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tikigod19 (09-15-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi I was just wondering if I just wanted to have wallpaper/background from a theme and have the original icons, how would I do this????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moshika View Post
    Hi I was just wondering if I just wanted to have wallpaper/background from a theme and have the original icons, how would I do this????
    Agian, i can only talk for summerboard as I only upgraded to 2.0.2 and winterboard yesterday (winterboard is so much simpler).
    However in summerboard there is a slider to turn theme icons off. Just use that if you're on summerboard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not on Summerboard, Can't even get it anymore! I can only get winterboard, I am 2g Iphone running 2.1...

Unless there is a source In Installer 4 Or Cydia for Summerboard, guess I am stuck with this for now......
    Thanks for your help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moshika View Post
    I am not on Summerboard, Can't even get it anymore! I can only get winterboard, I am 2g Iphone running 2.1...

Unless there is a source In Installer 4 Or Cydia for Summerboard, guess I am stuck with this for now......
    Thanks for your help!
    Winterboard is much better than Summerboard. To use your video wallpaper instead of the theme wallpaper, use the Hierarchy system. Move the video wallpaper above the theme, and make sure both are selected. Then you should get your Vwallpaper with the theme icons.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Question about Winterboard... what does "Server Lock Example" and "User Lock Background" mean? Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Winterboard is much better than Summerboard. To use your video wallpaper instead of the theme wallpaper, use the Hierarchy system. Move the video wallpaper above the theme, and make sure both are selected. Then you should get your Vwallpaper with the theme icons.
    Thank you for your help, however it is the theme wallpaper i want and the original iphone icons.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just create ure own theme then with that background,easy as..esp as there is a very detailed sticky on this page explaining how

Thanks

see, this is why summerboard was better..

Thanks

Doesnt make sense, People are making Winterboard themes for others to download just as they did for Summerboard. It will just take some time to get them all out there. Winterboard changes so many more features than Summerboard did. Think about it all Summerboard did for the most part was change icons, dock and wallpaper. Winterboard can skin the entire iphone.

Granted as a more mature program, Summerboard ahd many more themes out there for those who dont want to author a theme. Winterboard will catch up.

Also you CAN use Summerboard themes with winterboard.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

but is there way to apply certain parts of a theme in winterboard? I.e - apply a theme without applying the theme icons? Thats what I loved about summerboard

Thanks

I have found that most (not all) people that have problems with certain apps like winterboard, have not read all the info out there on how it works, thus their frustration. There is sooo much information on here about how themes are set up, how to put things in the order of preference, etc. that if you just search around and read a little bit all your questions should be answered. Sure, summerboard may have been prettier, nice little turn on and turn off buttons, but it does not even come close in functionality to what winterboard is now and it's possibilities in the future. Have fun and happy theming.