Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard 0.9.20 on IPHONE 3G Video Wallpaper Issue

Default Winterboard 0.9.20 on IPHONE 3G Video Wallpaper Issue
    so i don't know if this has been posted or if im the only one but i have Wboard installed on my 3G and I've made a couple of .theme directories and put videos in them for a video wallpaper and they all work fine when loaded but as soon as i make a phone call or open my ipod application and return to the main screen the video has gone black and i have to goto Wboard everytime and reaload it....

anyone else having this issue?

btw, i should mention that i love this app and am grateful to the developer for releasing it (-:
    Last edited by djrodimus; 08-28-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yup. I get this as well. i have modded the surprise theme with other videos but despite my best efforts I cant get it to loop smoothly nor get it to not stop and act smoothly when getting out of most if not all of my apps.

My guess is there needs to be an engine (HTML/CSS) that tells it what to do.

But I know VERY little.

my issue is the same as others... black screen when looping and when it restarts it goes fast for a second then pauses then plays... also autolock is no longer working... and the video is still playing while the phone is sleeping... im sure these are all common problems with video wallpaper and winterboard... hope they find a way to fix it
    "Search" is your friend

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

yep same here.. it looks cool when it's running at normal speed... but seems like the videowallpaper.app is still pretty beta for 2.x fw..

I am on an original iPhone with Winterboard installed.

I am experiencing the same problem. Video wallpaper lays normally for a few seconds. Then stops, screen goes black for one second, then plays the video at a faster rate. Then the video pauses for 3 seconds, then goes back to playing at a normal speed.

I'll be removing the video for now until a fix can be found.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I noticed the same thing... More so, when I have a video theme and I try to open the camera my iphone crashes and reboots.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Why did they even release it when i sucks this bad? If anyone knows i fix it would be nice to know about it.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

another issue with it I noticed with the witerboard update. Is that Vwallpaper is always running behind your wallpaper (even when disabled). It killed my battery in a few hours with no use. In the past vwallpaper has barely effected my battery.

It is a sweat idea though, like an old program for windows called DR Dremples puts psychadelic patterns swirling around on your desktop.... you could even make a slideshow, if this helps anyone find a link to help it run smoother.... thanks either way to those that develop these cause it just goes to show how great these phones are!!
    Live Forever Or Die Trying!

vwall worked great on 1.1.4

I wonder if the new jailbroken models (.ispw pwning) are the only ones having the problems, In the demo video it looks 1.1.4 with installer. I have 2.0.1 with Cydia. I added the i.dansatface.net source to installer list of sources, however the vwallpaper is not where everyone(people, blog etc)say it is.

My vwallpaper errors are consistent with all the reported ones in this blog. -imgubbin have you seen it work as well as yours on a 2.0+ phone? or has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I wonder if the new jailbroken models (.ispw pwning) are the only ones having the problems, In the demo video it looks 1.1.4 with installer. I have 2.0.1 with Cydia. I added the i.dansatface.net source to installer list of sources, however the vwallpaper is not where everyone(people, blog etc)say it is.

My vwallpaper errors are consistent with all the reported ones in this blog. -imgubbin have you seen it work as well as yours on a 2.0+ phone? or has anyone else?
    that is because that is not the correct source for cydia you need to donate money and they email you the correct source for vwall. I don't think it works as well as the old version.

that source I used in installer, but now I know to donate to cydia to get one =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No screen blanking
    Anybody have the problem with video wallpaper not blanking the screen?

winterboard is dangerous with video wallpapers because it runes behind apps thats why its laggy and springboard constantly crashes may i suggest skrewcommon and vwallpaper apps on cydia