+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem installing winterboard

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I can't seem to get winterboard installed on my 3G winpwn 2.0.1 iphone. After I winpwn my iphone with 2.0.1 I reloaded my apps, contacts, music, etc. I then went
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem installing winterboard
    I can't seem to get winterboard installed on my 3G winpwn 2.0.1 iphone. After I winpwn my iphone with 2.0.1 I reloaded my apps, contacts, music, etc. I then went into cydia and applied the updates. Everything is working at this point. The first app I install from cydia is winterboard. After winterboard install completes the reload springboard button pops up. I hit the reload springboard and after about 5mins of getting the spinning circle icon I get the hang. After this I'm locked. I have to hold the home and top power buttons in order to reboot. The reboot never happens and I'm stuck on the apple logo. I've done this twice so far. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a feeling I should install winterboard before I reinstall all of my apps. Any suggestions? Thanks.

UPDATE: I installed winterboard before I restored all the apps on my phone and that allowed winterboard to install. Also once winterboard finished installing I did not hit the reset springboard button I just hit the home button. I don't know if this helped at all.
    Last edited by shawnjam; 08-15-2008 at 11:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    WOW...after spending many, many, many hours and a half dozen restores your "tip" worked perfect for me. Instead of clicking Reload SpringBoard, I hit the home button and restarted the phone. Now Winterboard is working.

Thx so much!