+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Update

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
here's what saurik (the guy who codes it) had to say about it....... <saurik> ok, new winterboard release <saurik> with the multiple theme draggy priority feature <saurik> but if you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WinterBoard Update
    here's what saurik (the guy who codes it) had to say about it.......

<saurik> ok, new winterboard release
    <saurik> with the multiple theme draggy priority feature
    <saurik> but if you do too much UIImage theme stuff it starts getting really slow to load applications; I'll work on optimizing that tomorrow
    <saurik> (it also has better internationalization support for the ipod touch specific icons and supports Wallpaper.mp4 files (although with a little black skip as it loops the video))
    <saurik> (and it supports a few more funny info.plist entries that are only marginally useful)
    <saurik> I'm, in essence, using the multi-theme support to do preferences; so if you want "transparent icon labels" you can activate that theme and drag it up near the top

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i updated and now when i choose a theme it resprings and nothing happens. i rebooted as well and still nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try updating again as it got updated very soon after it got updated
    And now you should get a tick next to the theme to say its activated, order them and then press the home button to respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope still nothing...the version i have is 0.9.2520-1 on FW 2.0.1 i put a check mark on the ones i want, hit the home button, it resprings and and nothing has happened...i dunno what else to do. when i open winterboard back up, nothing is checked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Working great for me.

Can't wait to see all the new updates as Saurik continues development!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkquito View Post
    nope still nothing...the version i have is 0.9.2520-1 on FW 2.0.1 i put a check mark on the ones i want, hit the home button, it resprings and and nothing has happened...i dunno what else to do. when i open winterboard back up, nothing is checked.
    Same here. Does not work on 2.0.1. Latest Winterboard. It just resprings and nothing happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

good i thought i was going crazy...ok well i just i gotta wait for a new update

iPhone? More like MyPhone smeeshum's Avatar
    Thanks

does work on 2.0.1! Got it working here anyway. You can now remove icon names on any theme, change status bars to black, and have a custom wallpaper on any theme.
    I can't figure out how to use the custom wallpaper though :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If by custom wallpaper you mean the Use Wallpaper option in winterboard then select it so you get the tick, then move it to the top of the list so it gets higher priority then the other selected themes and respring. Now your wallpaper should be the same wallpaper as used on your lock screen. To change that just got to the usual Settings and select General / Wallpaper, select a new wallpaper and then when you respring the wallpaper on the springboard will change to the wallpaper you just selected.

Thanks

saurik, you doing a great job improving an already great app, if you're reading this, the only thing that coils make it more awesome is the option of a 5 icon dock. Great work as always!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funkquito View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I have been looking around for a solution, but most people just say it works fine

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, doesn't work for me either.. Worked great before I upgraded to 2.0.1

Thanks
    same problem here, restart spring, no theme. ive uninstalled and reinstalled and everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Odd. Why would it work for some and not for others? Clean jailbroken 2.0.1 3G phone with CYDIA, Winterboard + 1 theme. Does not work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

okay glad to see i am not hte only one who is having issues. Now lets all be patient and wait for the update. Although that was never a strong point of mine
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Thanks

I just downloaded the update 0.92520-1 and I have 2.0.1 since pwnage updated and it works for me. Must be something you guys all have installed in common that is creating a conflict. I don't think anyone is not wanting to help but without seeing your phones it would be kind hard to know why it works for some and not others....
    1. Have you uninstalled winterboard, rebooted your phone, and then reinstalled winterboard?
    2. Have you tried to only check just one item (maybe one that worked before or Saurik's Theme)?
    3. Are you ordering the items you want checked? (Theme on the bottom, then Theme Elements like trans text) Hierarchy is important here now?

Those are the first things I thought about when folks started saying it doesn't work....well beside from asking if your battery is charged and if you have the power on, lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Works fine on my 2.0.1 iPhone.

Thanks
    yup, did all that and it still doesnt work. lets try to narrow it down guys. here what i got

2.0.1 done with winpwn 2.0.0.4. im on att, installed cydia, installer,boss prefs,open ssh,mxtube,make it mine, and winterboard. thats it for cydia apps. i did not install anything in installer.

Thanks

2G iPhone, 2.0.1 installed by Pwnage, AT&T installed Cydia, Installer, Boss Pref, Poof, App Flow, Open SSH, and upgraded Winterboard works.
    Last edited by Talynrider; 08-11-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Further info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone 2.01 2G using WINPWN and winter board is working just as just like when i had it on 2.0

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast