+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to make your own winterboard theme Tutorial

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
where do i find these folders? /Library/Themes/ etc
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do i find these folders?
    /Library/Themes/ etc

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bump.... Any ideas yet????
    "Cura Et Celeritas"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    how do you change the background of the slider to power off and unlock

like not thew whole background just the part that you slide on
    cuz i can change the slider knob but now i wanna change the actually thing it slides on

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you want to change springboard.plist put it in (theme name)/Folders/springboard.app/springboard.plist

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    help how do i remivecthe stupud shadow behind the text on the status bar. i am trying to make a complete red and black theme this one of the few things left to change. everthing else is done

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know what the name of the name of the circled image is? It's the one image I can't get skinned.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the pictures are broken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Packaging?
    Ive made a simple background and icons theme, my first one...I'd like to know how I package it to either upload here or elseshwere for people to DL and use themselves?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian3113 View Post
    how do you change the background of the slider to power off and unlock

like not thew whole background just the part that you slide on
    cuz i can change the slider knob but now i wanna change the actually thing it slides on
    haha I know this is an old thread but Im trying to find a guide on how to theme (ipod,iphone and IPAD!!) and Im having the same problem as you!! I changed the slider but I want to change the bar it slides on ahhh!!! I need a complete new 4.0 2010 guide!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there an updated image bank?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alot of the images in the original post dont work anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    haha I know this is an old thread but Im trying to find a guide on how to theme (ipod,iphone and IPAD!!) and Im having the same problem as you!! I changed the slider but I want to change the bar it slides on ahhh!!! I need a complete new 4.0 2010 guide!!!
    Go into Cydia and search for Clear Lockscreen and download it. Then SSH into your iPhone/iTouch and find the theme and copy the files that you need. If you don't know which images you need ( which I don't and can't look them up at the moment), just look at the names. You don't need the springboard.strings or the sliders (bottombarknob or something like that), or the topbar(?) images. Hope that helps. Sorry I can't be more specific.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Opusandbill,

I think you are expert in Iphone Apps. Can you help me to resolve my problem ? appreciated a lot if you can help. I try to install some apps to enhance the winterboard's themes thru Cydia but it failed. The apps i install are such as -white apple HD-whitoken-gridlock-five icon dock-five column springboard-lockinfo ihtc plugin and etc. The error message is as follows ""The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed""

Hope you can help. Thanks & Regards

Green Apple
    Thanks

I /think/ that is caused by a package that is incompatible with your current FW. At least, that's when I've received this message in the past. It could be other things like installing a package that requires a paid item to be installed first, but I think that's a different error. Try installing them one at a time, then you'll know which package is the offending one. Hope that helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi dniMretsaMi,

Thanks for your feed back. Actually i am a new user to iphone 4. Still learning on the apps and settings. what do you mean FW ? I actually saw a clips in youtube on the new winterboard (iHTC lockinfo plugin) and try to install the apps according to their tutorial and failed to do so. All the apps shown the same error message. I think you are right ! probably is depends on the first apps to be installed before can install the rest. But i could not figure which is the first paid or free apps to be installed. No idea at all. Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

FW means firmware. Like my firmware version is 4.1. Try going into Cydia and installing each app individually (click install and confirm for each app) instead of queuing them. The incompatible app(s) will give you the error message but the others should install fine. Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that sounds pretty complicated because i havent read saurik post and i dont know what is .plist extension for but i know a way to mod everything(apps,sounds,springboard,keyboard and every other stuff you could imagine and i'm not even obligated to use my pc sometimes to do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Crystina Stafford's Avatar
    Thanks

okay, I'm having problems with this, I have winterboard and I have saurik checked, I'm on a computer and oh so very confused, I downloaded what you said to, but where am I supposed to add a folder? I know I must sound like an idiot, but I'm new to all this.

Thanks
    This looks like it would be an awesome tutorial, only all of the photos seem to have been deleted... could someone direct me to a tutorial with photos? (I'm not very good at following tutorials without them...)
    You know, whatever doesn't kill you.... hurts.