+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to make your own winterboard theme Tutorial

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by tuk Hi! thanks. think i'm not clear enuff. lol I am using Damino theme and I wanted to do a rotate of wallpaper on certain time. like
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuk View Post
    Hi!

thanks. think i'm not clear enuff. lol

I am using Damino theme and I wanted to do a rotate of wallpaper on certain time. like every 6 hr the wallpaper will change.
    I do not ust the "time of day" theme but it does have a different wallpaper for the time of day.

try it and see if you like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great tutorial.... I'm a beginner and noob in more than just the iPhone department, but i definitely would prefer having my own theme as opposed to someone elses, and i understood these direction very well.

The only question I have now is how do I modify/ change the program icons? It's not a true theme unless those are also changed, I assume it is quite simple since it does in fact look like you have modified icons on your example springboard, but alas, I am a simple being and do not understand what steps should be taken to achieve this.

*this is for windows XP of course.... apparently all mac users know this already*
    Last edited by The_Real_Azrael; 09-22-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Azrael View Post
    great tutorial.... I'm a beginner and noob in more than just the iPhone department, but i definitely would prefer having my own theme as opposed to someone elses, and i understood these direction very well.

The only question I have now is how do I modify/ change the program icons? It's not a true theme unless those are also changed, I assume it is quite simple since it does in fact look like you have modified icons on your example springboard, but alas, I am a simple being and do not understand what steps should be taken to achieve this.

*this is for windows XP of course.... apparently all mac users know this already*
    to change any icon (this includes appstore programs), You need to know the name of the bundle indentifer.

open the plist for the app you want to change and look for a set of words that start with "com."
    example
    the weather app is called com.apple.weather

you will then add it to you bundle folder.
    /Library/Themes/(theme name)/Bundles

example:/Library/Themes/(theme name)/Bundles/com.apple.weather

you will then name your icon "icon.png" and place it in the folder.

the apps from the apple store are located at:
    /var/mobile/Applications

all other apps are located at:
    /Applications

Theme Creator
    Thanks

need some help...
    i want to theme the number pad of the MobilePhone.app
    i made a theme for 1.1.4 and try to use it.

Buuf2.theme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone

all png's for call, add & delete works great only the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file dont work.

how do i get it to work?
    If you like my work on Buuf2 you can donate... Here

Green Apple
    Thanks

awesome, will be trying this out this week

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    to change any icon (this includes appstore programs), You need to know the name of the bundle indentifer.

open the plist for the app you want to change and look for a set of words that start with "com."
    example
    the weather app is called com.apple.weather

you will then add it to you bundle folder.
    /Library/Themes/(theme name)/Bundles

example:/Library/Themes/(theme name)/Bundles/com.apple.weather

you will then name your icon "icon.png" and place it in the folder.

the apps from the apple store are located at:
    /var/mobile/Applications

all other apps are located at:
    /Applications
    You don't have to do this. All you have to do is create a folder in your theme called Icons (Library/Themes/(yourtheme).theme/Icons) and slap them all in there. That's it. Just name the icons what they are on the phone and throw em in that folder (Finder.png, MIM.png, BossTool.png, etc....). Way easier to do. Saurik stated that he kept this form working on Winterboard as well so some of your old themes from Summerboard would still work. Try it.
    Last edited by whodatfan; 10-11-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anybody tell me how I can get rid of the "splash" screens when opening apps? Say when you open settings... a screen with a bunch of white lines shows up while it's waiting to open. I'd also like to know how to make my status bar clear throughout the whole iPhone instead of just on the home screen.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

So if i wanted to have a wallpaper background for normal (unlocked) operation and another png for locked I:

1. make copy of saurik.theme and rename to something else myname.theme
    2. put both of the png's I want to use in Private directory
    3. change the variables (var images = ['Rock.png', 'Plant.png'] to match what I put in Private
    4. upload myname.theme

did I get it ?
    If I'm not going to use any of the other items ( bundles,info.plist,UISounds)
    can I delete them ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LGgeek,

If you're making a copy of the saurik.theme then you can add the images directly into saurik.theme folder.

Just name images:

"LockBackground.png" for lockscreen background
    "Wallpaper.png" for homescreen background.

No need to go into Private directory

As for the other stuff in the theme you won't be using you can erase them (bundles, info.plist etc), or back them up for safe keeping.

Van Wildonher,

The splash screens for the apps are located in the Applications' folder. They are named "Default.png".

For example, change the splashscreen for Cydia,

Name custom image "Default.png"

Go into /Applications/Cydia.app/Default.png

Overwrite image, backup original if you'd like.

For clear statusbar,
    (I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works)

If you already have a clear statusbar image, try naming it "default_BG.png" and add it to your Winterboard theme folder.

Put image in Bundles/com.apple.springboard/default_BG.png

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

THEdAY,
    Thanks that worked like a charm.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

I read about how to change the carrier logo, but if I'm on TMobile, what do I need to do different? Anything? What do I name the apple.xxxx? And what do I name the FSO_CARRIER_xxx and DEFAULT_CARRIER_xxx?

Thanks!

Thanks

Default whatta??
    it is great,but for someone like me that is way below average,i need someone to make it for me,i have all the drawings...but i need a complete theme...battery,sliders icons..the whole enchilada,,,,anybody can make it for me ,i am willing to pay!!..thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone give me a complete list of what files change what in a theme. I'm trying to make a "complete" theme. The basics I know already like (dock icons wallpaper) but the other files Im shaky on. A nice list would be helpful. Something that list each file and what it changes on the iPhone. Thanks very very much.

Thanks

Awesome Guide. I would like to say that I've been bypassing most of the work by creating an 'Icons' folder, with each image inside labeled as the name of my app...'Text', 'iPod' for example.

Problems Solved =]

and I'm back again. I refuse to double post....

My next step I want to tackle in my theme is the sms bubbles. I am certainly going to search for them myself, if anyone here knows what UII images I must change?---SOLVED

Figured that out. For those who ask questions about how to theme certain things...heres what I've been doing. Download whatever you wanted to theme in cydia...for example, I just did sms background and bubbles. When that's downloaded, and can be selected in winterboard, ssh into library/themes/whatever_it_is_you_just_downloaded

When you open that, you can see what files you need to place into your theme's main folder. In my example, there was two items inside; 'SMSBackground.png' there was also a Bundles folder. I opened up the Bundles folder, and inside was a folder called 'com.Apple.MobileSMS'. Inside of THAT folder was two images- Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png.

So, now I figured out that I need to add the following to my theme- I needed to add a SMSBackground.png to my main theme, so it would be /Library/Themes/*my theme*/. I also learned I had to add inside of my Bundles folder (already had one) a folder called 'com.Apple.MobileSMS'. Inside of that I needed to create my own two balloons to use, titled 'Balloon_1.png' and 'Balloon_2.png'

Hope this helps for some people, its literally what I've been doing since 2pm (its 7). Man, theming is addictive =]
    Last edited by agent005; 11-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me the file names of the splash screens for the mobile phone app and the mobile calendar app? I also need to know the name of the mobile phone app folder in WinterBoard.

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks

Thanks so much. Awesome post! Makes it so easy to pick and choose parts between various themes! I had no idea how to do that before!
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi ! i made my own SMS theme with a turkish flag so how can i load that theme in to the Cydia so other people can download that sms theme ... help me please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks to all of you guys - I made my first theme! I can't say I made the icons though... I just grabbed a bunch from different sources and added them in. It's not a complete themes, it just mods the dock, status bar, and several icons. It's still a work in progress but I made some progress when I was able to get it on my phone and running with winterboard. Just reading through this post was a tremendous help. Thanks again!

Pillages Villages
    Thanks

Red face Hello all
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here in the forums.

Thank you, opusandbill, for posting this wonderful tutorial. I have already made a battery skin, and I'll be starting a new theme from scratch. All that reference material will be a great help!

Do you think Apple will ever allow Winterboard in the AppStore? It sure would be nice if we could make some money from our themes. I had no idea there was such a large community behind it! Apple would be foolish not to accept us.

Proserpine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for this great tutorial.......... but im having a problem with creating a keyboard.

I downloaded the package for the images i wanted to edit and finished it today.....but when i put the keyboard into my ipod the bottom row of the ipod (Space button, return button and etc) didn't change. I then found out how to change the 123 button and the one next to it but i dont know how to change the space and return button......

Can anyone help??

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how to make your own winterboard theme Tutorial-img_0004.png  

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast