+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to make your own winterboard theme Tutorial

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by katak As far as I know, to put Keyboard-Latin.artwork and Keyboard-Common.artwork in WinterBoard is by renaming their pngs to "kb-XXXXXX.png" and put them all into UIImages folder..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katak View Post
    As far as I know, to put Keyboard-Latin.artwork and Keyboard-Common.artwork in WinterBoard is by renaming their pngs to "kb-XXXXXX.png" and put them all into UIImages folder..

Now here's a question..How do I put 'TextInput_ko.artwork'(artwork for korean keyboard) in WinterBoard?What name do I have to rename those images within TextInput_ko.artwork to?

Here is the images within TextInput_ko.artwork-->DOWNLOAD
    I am not sure since i only use the english keyboard, But I would try just placeing them in the UIImages folder. if that does not work you may want to send Saurik a pm.

Thanks

Thanks a lot opusandbill!
    I'm looking forward to hear a good news from you.
    my username is katak but I go by [wear]!

MacBook Air Keyboard
    MacBook Black Keyboard
    Mac UI

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so far it seems the biggest "problem" will be that i'm not that handy with paintshop

so.. going to give it a try

tnx for the tutorial anyway.. it's nice and clear.
    (and the weblogpiece too.. saurik: you're a good writer for a nerd )

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

this is really deep, but there's probably easier ways to make a theme...unless of course everything must be themed. I just downloaded a theme and pretty much copied its structure...very simple and fun/satisfying when you can use your own theme. But as far as changing and putting custom keyboards and literally everything your guide was great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calfergo's Avatar
    Thanks

How I make to change this keyboard?

By this other?

The name is "kb-std-number-pad.png"

I placed the images in /Library/Themes/KBROJO/UIImages
    But there are no changes.

I have only obtained that change this image

Thanks

Cómo hago para cambiar este teclado?
    Por este otro?
    Coloqué las imágenes en /Library/Themes/KBROJO/UIImages
    Pero no hay cambios, sólo he logrado que se cambie esta imagen
    Last edited by calfergo; 08-31-2008 at 09:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calfergo's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok ya lo pude cambiar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    heya,just a quick question:
    first post:
    to change either the keyboard or other.artwork images, you open the image from the zip that you download earlier (I use Photoshop CS3), and make whatever changes to it you want.

when you save the file you want to use the "Save For Web & Devices" option.

then select PNG-8 and make sure the transparency box is checked and that it says none for matte.
    ::
    why do you want to do the last step?? ive been saving all my png's the standar way and they still work and look like they should.. so just save as: png :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJElo View Post
    heya,just a quick question:
    first post:
    to change either the keyboard or other.artwork images, you open the image from the zip that you download earlier (I use Photoshop CS3), and make whatever changes to it you want.

when you save the file you want to use the "Save For Web & Devices" option.

then select PNG-8 and make sure the transparency box is checked and that it says none for matte.
    ::
    why do you want to do the last step?? ive been saving all my png's the standar way and they still work and look like they should.. so just save as: png :P
    When you save as a png-8 you have the option of either a matte or transparent background, if you do not make sure it is set to transparent you will get a whit background.

that is why I wrote it that way, most of the time it will allready be set to transparent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    fair enough..
    i guess im just so used to working with layers (where base is always trans) that i never thought u wouldnt do it that way
    btw opus..bit offtopic..
    but for some reason i CANNOT find the volume knob used in the musicplayer for volume ( not the two in the other artwork) ..it's so frustrating

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJElo View Post
    fair enough..
    i guess im just so used to working with layers (where base is always trans) that i never thought u wouldnt do it that way
    btw opus..bit offtopic..
    but for some reason i CANNOT find the volume knob used in the musicplayer for volume ( not the two in the other artwork) ..it's so frustrating
    I also work with layers but when you save for web & devices, if you don't use either png-24 or png-8 it will replace the transparent with a white background.

as far as the volume knob I know which one it is but I am have=ing a hard time getting it to change.

There are 2 a small and a large.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well,yeah,found em and switched em all now,..done quite a bit of UIImages now..
    but one last big problem is:
    ive found 6 diff ProgressGears types in UIImages,and even after ive skinned ALL of them there is still a white one that just doesnt change.. it's the one that shows when u switch off/reboot springboard.. it SHOULD be the normal sized White one imo..but not working the other ones all work sweet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there a way where i can use two different icon sets... i like the "Time of Day" theme... i'm using custom icons... and i have black ones that i use for the lighter backgrounds and white for the darker... as of the moment i have been switching manually...

i'm not all that good at coding... know very minimal amount... i'm about to just change to a color icon... but i luv the black or white...

thnx in advance for any help!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is there no other way to upload other.artwork besides Cydia for Winterboard?

I've tried adding a couple compatible other.artworks via ssh from various places but everything always comes out jumbled. Menu buttons have strips on them, menu bars are all black, why is that?

I've downloaded some cool other.artworks (macui) from Cydia that are compatible with Winterboard, but sometimes I want to change something here and there but changes never take effect.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 09-10-2008 at 08:15 PM.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    I also work with layers but when you save for web & devices, if you don't use either png-24 or png-8 it will replace the transparent with a white background.

as far as the volume knob I know which one it is but I am have=ing a hard time getting it to change.

There are 2 a small and a large.

to change volume knob. make a folder named (MediaPlayer.framework).put it in (folder) folder. name it (MusicVolumeKnob.png) the UIScrubber changes the time slider in movie mode.

so it should look like this

Stash
    Themes
    (theme name)
    Folder
    MediaPlayer.framework
    MusicVolumeKnob.png
    THANK OR DIE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Is there no other way to upload other.artwork besides Cydia for Winterboard?
    You could always use iPhone Shop to "open" the artwork file, tweak the image you want to change, then recompile the artwork file. I've been doing that since the 1.x days when we first learned how to change the phone keypad.
    Hmm...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    You could always use iPhone Shop to "open" the artwork file, tweak the image you want to change, then recompile the artwork file. I've been doing that since the 1.x days when we first learned how to change the phone keypad.
    Yea but my problem is when I try to upload other.artwork anyway other than using Winterboard, the artwork gets all scrambled, even when I'm uloading 2.0 compatible other.artwork.

So I'm wondering why that is.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 09-12-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VampireV's Avatar
    Thanks

cheers for that, great tute
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

tuk
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how can i have the wallpaper image changes based on the time of day?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuk View Post
    how can i have the wallpaper image changes based on the time of day?
    make sure you have the latest version of winterboard, then open winterboard and press the tab that says "TimeofWbDay". once you see a check mark drag it to the top and exit winterboard, once your springboard restarts you will have the new theme.

tuk
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    make sure you have the latest version of winterboard, then open winterboard and press the tab that says "TimeofWbDay". once you see a check mark drag it to the top and exit winterboard, once your springboard restarts you will have the new theme.
    Hi!

thanks. think i'm not clear enuff. lol

I am using Damino theme and I wanted to do a rotate of wallpaper on certain time. like every 6 hr the wallpaper will change.