Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard / summerboard

Default winterboard / summerboard
    Hey all -- new to MMi and new to the iphone. got my 3g a week ago and jailbroke it tues. got NES emulator running, and DLd a few cool apps. uploaded some custom ringtones I made using winSCP and openSSH - very cool.

Now I'd like to start customizing my wallpaper behind the icons (think that's called the springboard, right?)

Anyway, today in cydia's changes folder I see 'winterboard', which sounds like it might be a way for me to get my own images in there. All the other DLs from todays changes reference summerboard. These are one-time changes to one theme, correct?

What should I DL (or do) to get this thing rolling?

Thanks! great site here.
    -fiugz

nvm kids... I figured it all out.
    Last edited by fiugzel; 08-02-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by fiugzel View Post
    Hey all -- new to MMi and new to the iphone. got my 3g a week ago and jailbroke it tues. got NES emulator running, and DLd a few cool apps. uploaded some custom ringtones I made using winSCP and openSSH - very cool.

Now I'd like to start customizing my wallpaper behind the icons (think that's called the springboard, right?)

Anyway, today in cydia's changes folder I see 'winterboard', which sounds like it might be a way for me to get my own images in there. All the other DLs from todays changes reference summerboard. These are one-time changes to one theme, correct?

What should I DL (or do) to get this thing rolling?

Thanks! great site here.
    -fiugz

nvm kids... I figured it all out.
    Yea I was wondering the same thing, I am trying to figure out what exactly this app does

I have an unbroke phone but would like to download a theme behind my icons, any ideas? Please Help.
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

winterboard is almost the same as summerboard (few updates from being the same).

all you do to use this app to download it from cydia, restart iphone, the you MUST SSH in order to use themes, SSH to Library/Themes and put themes that you downloaded on your computer here

not really that hard

here are a few good themes to use... Radiance (click download on left)

Macish 2.0 blue

any questions, just ask

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

vim (08-03-2008)

I DL'd winterboard from cydia and installed. Then I rebooted the phone as per the instructions. (I rebooted from BossPrefs - it's an option under 'power')

When the phone rebooted, my bg behind my icons was a cool rainforrest design. Also, I had a new icon, called 'winterboard'.

Found some iphone themes online, and uploaded to my iphone using winSCP (with openSSH running).

The themes went into the following folder... /<root>/Library/Themes

Then they showed up in winterboard for me to chose. Pretty simple. Also, the icons and bg are really easily to replace with your own. Now I'm working on a theme of my own.

Diggit?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone's dock being replaced? No matter the theme, my dock won't change from stock...

Quote Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
    Is anyone's dock being replaced? No matter the theme, my dock won't change from stock...
    Same here dude. I didn't even notice before.

Yeah I am getting the same problem

Not too sure where the actual file is located to change it
    Last edited by darthbob; 08-02-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Default confused
    Anyone already had success in updating the dock using winterboard? Also, I downloadeda a theme via Cydia, it doesn't appear in library/themes, but winterboard sees it nevertheless. I wonder where the downloaded themes end up..
    Anyway, I'm already happy now that I can change my wallpaper and icons
    Suggestions always welcome nevertheless

Check /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX

M
    Last edited by mepage; 08-02-2008 at 11:11 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mepage For This Useful Post:

zoblue (08-03-2008)

i cant see the winterboard icons!!! nor the themes folder in ssh!!!! what do i do!?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

the new update fixes the dock problem.

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 01-26-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Hi guys,

Yes, the update fixes the dock. But did anyone succeed in changing the statusbar? I put my Summerboard StatusBar.png file in there, no go..

update WB, it's already fixed the dock problem now guys no more cutting and manually change the dock urself,

Quote Originally Posted by stelmax View Post
    Hi guys,

Yes, the update fixes the dock. But did anyone succeed in changing the statusbar? I put my Summerboard StatusBar.png file in there, no go..

StatusBar theming doesn't work yet. As of the last release, though, WinterBoard's support for old SummerBoard stuff is now pretty much complete.

One thing to note, though, is that WinterBoard is insanely more powerful than SummerBoard was ;P. You can theme almost anything. You can do this by using either resource or artwork overlays. Example:

Get http://test.saurik.com/cydia/UISearchFieldIcon.png
    Put it in /Library/Themes/<your theme>/UIImages/
    Reload the theme and enter Phone

you should now have a themed magnifying glass in the search!

If you want to do battery themes, which involve files in CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, you can add:

/Library/Themes/<your theme>/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/<my battery file>.png

With these tools you can theme almost anything on the entire system from the safety of your theme folder: no overwriting of files, easy to remove... its just great ;P.

I'm going to be writing some documentation to put up here: http://www.saurik.com/id/9 :tomorrow (it isn't up yet).

The idea here is that WinterBoard is going to totally replace all the other theme manager backends that have so far existed. (Obviously, a lot more work needs to go into the frontend interface ;P. There are some people working on that now, but we'll see how well it goes.)

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (08-03-2008), bhz1 (08-03-2008), cyrusthevirus (08-05-2008), darius359 (08-10-2008), DaveiPhone (08-03-2008), golgomek (08-03-2008), kcrmson (08-03-2008), LittleMissAustralia (07-21-2009), mikeo97 (08-20-2008), opusandbill (08-04-2008), zap1027 (08-05-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    StatusBar theming doesn't work yet. As of the last release, though, WinterBoard's support for old SummerBoard stuff is now pretty much complete.

One thing to note, though, is that WinterBoard is insanely more powerful than SummerBoard was ;P. You can theme almost anything. You can do this by using either resource or artwork overlays. Example:

Get http://test.saurik.com/cydia/UISearchFieldIcon.png
    Put it in /Library/Themes/<your theme>/UIImages/
    Reload the theme and enter Phone

you should now have a themed magnifying glass in the search!

If you want to do battery themes, which involve files in CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, you can add:

/Library/Themes/<your theme>/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/<my battery file>.png

With these tools you can theme almost anything on the entire system from the safety of your theme folder: no overwriting of files, easy to remove... its just great ;P.

I'm going to be writing some documentation to put up here: http://www.saurik.com/id/9 :tomorrow (it isn't up yet).

The idea here is that WinterBoard is going to totally replace all the other theme manager backends that have so far existed. (Obviously, a lot more work needs to go into the frontend interface ;P. There are some people working on that now, but we'll see how well it goes.)
    Very Convenient, I'll work on adding those image areas to iThemeit.

You can also use /Bundles/com.apple.springboard/FSO_BG.png in your themes; but Status Bar modding does work now, since Saurik has uploaded a new version with support for it.
    2007 meets 1982: iPhone + akaRemote > (lotsa stuff >) > TB-303: Controlling the Bassline with the Accelerometer

Hey Saurik,

I noticed that your last update now supports Statusbar.png's, great!

Maybe I understood your previous post wrong, but I added my battery images to
    /Library/Themes/<mytheme>/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/
    but that doesn't seem to work for me (yet).

Also I wanted to ask you if there's any way to turn of the docklabels already?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by mepage View Post
    Check /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX

M
    Thanks for this! I uploaded my custom theme and had no problem with overwriting icons. I have a question tho, why do some icons have a rounded edge? See screenshot, namely icons of apple store applications (Pandora, Last.fm and Remote). They should have a transparent background like the other icons in the screenshot. What did I do wrong?

Also, what do I name the status bar file so I can overwrite it? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -winterboard_yummy.jpg  

--
    !!blue
    loving my hand-me-down 3G

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast