Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard / summerboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I think, once winterboard gets a UI we will see all the preference options like SMB had and more. But its still just a baby app, hopefully it will grow up soon

don't know why, but i cant seem to change my "slide screen" wallpaper

is this a side effect of winterboard?

From a themer's perspective there are many apps on the appstore with similar functionalities (like a dozen tip, recording, flashlights, sudokus, etc.). It would be silly to make different icons for all of these. Would it be possible to have a lookup table that could map an icon name to multiple apps? This would avoid duplicating icons for all of the apps with similar function.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I have to ask, cuz i've been looking through so much info and can't find it anywhere, most likely overlooking, but I tried.....

Where/how do I change the badge icon, (one for missed calls, txt's, emails etc)

I've got the badge I wanna use, just need to know where to stick it.

Saurik, your awesome. Cydia, Winterboard, both great works. Winterboard is by far the simplest skinning tool to date, I love how the entire theme is contained within the folder, and it doesn't really need to replace the stock files!! Many thanks sir, and to all involved with it all.

on a side note, anyone good with icons and could maybe make some for me? I have the template, just no photoshop!! pm me or something if anyone would be so kind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will042082 View Post
    I have to ask, cuz i've been looking through so much info and can't find it anywhere, most likely overlooking, but I tried.....

Where/how do I change the badge icon, (one for missed calls, txt's, emails etc)

I've got the badge I wanna use, just need to know where to stick it.

Saurik, your awesome. Cydia, Winterboard, both great works. Winterboard is by far the simplest skinning tool to date, I love how the entire theme is contained within the folder, and it doesn't really need to replace the stock files!! Many thanks sir, and to all involved with it all.

on a side note, anyone good with icons and could maybe make some for me? I have the template, just no photoshop!! pm me or something if anyone would be so kind
    first you need to download this file:
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 other.artwork files

You then need to add a folder called UIImages to your theme

there are 3 badge buttons

UIButtonBarBadgeOn.png
    UIButtonBarBadgeOff.png
    UIButtonBarBadge.png

you then make whatever changes you want and save the file to the UIImages folder

you then have open winterboard on your phone and reselect your theme for the changes to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    first you need to download this file:
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 other.artwork files

You then need to add a folder called UIImages to your theme

there are 3 badge buttons

UIButtonBarBadgeOn.png
    UIButtonBarBadgeOff.png
    UIButtonBarBadge.png

you then make whatever changes you want and save the file to the UIImages folder

you then have open winterboard on your phone and reselect your theme for the changes to take effect.
    It looks like he wants to change the badge that shows missed calls/messages, new texts and emails. The badges you pointed him to are what Cydia uses when there are updates to apps.

To change the text, email, and phone badges....

Drop a badge image named SBBadgeBG.png into [Your Theme] > Bundles > com.apple.springboard

howdy. i have been modding my iPhone 2G 8g since 1.1.4 w/ summerboard/customize/ssh and am now on FW 2.0.1, but what i can't seem to find on any of the forums is a comprehensive list of what the dimensions (HxW) and a way to view any of the .png files located in any of the bundles/apps. i use cyberduck to ssh into my phone and navigate around. i am currently using winterboard/customize and would like to exclusively just use WB, but i don't want to just try and guess what size the files or names are. I have Saurik's (many, many thanks!) text file and unbundled other/common/latin/mobilephonepackedimages (using the Python/MacPorts method before UIImages folder became available on here)... but I don't have any way of figuring out what the Springboard/App files look like, much less what size they are...

hope that makes some sense... and any help would be extremely appreciated.

b.

ie. i know the name for the reflection of the battery on the lock screen window is BatteryReflectionMask.png... but what are its dimensions?
    Last edited by sk2id3oo; 08-12-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: to show example...

Saurik, it's been said many times, but great work.
    I ditched customize today with no intention of going back...

I started by reinstalling my summerboard themes for 1.1.4, then made a custom one, and finally, splitted that custom theme into different files to be able to mismatch them or change a simple item easily.

So right now, I have an Icon theme, a few different dock themes, an animated wallpaper theme (modified the .html from saurik), and a mod theme file, where i have the edited info.plist that allowed me to customize my clock and icon labels (changed the fonts and made the dock label transparent...)

I'm just wondering if it takes more cpu power to run those simultaneously in separate files, instead of one global theme?

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    From a themer's perspective there are many apps on the appstore with similar functionalities (like a dozen tip, recording, flashlights, sudokus, etc.). It would be silly to make different icons for all of these. Would it be possible to have a lookup table that could map an icon name to multiple apps? This would avoid duplicating icons for all of the apps with similar function.

I agree with you there, but there are so many apps coming out, how would one keep up with it? I think users whom jailbreak should be willing to make an effort. Not only does it save themers time but it allows users to really make their device look like they want to.

Here is my latest mods using winterboard and winscp.

toyvan_glassorb theme (had to rename quite a few icons, and even if every match is not perfect, i generally found what i wanted in the bunch of icons available),
    animated dual wallpaper (one from the same theme made darker in photoshop, the other one from Time Machine),
    edited badge
    edited clock font and size, icon labels font, and made dock labels transparent.
    and VOILA.

Still have to figure out how to change the actual system font, and find eGlass_V3 to use the dock.

It did take some time, but that's all part of the fun.
    Oh, and WinterBoard is awesome, if anyone still had a doubt.
    Last edited by WingHack; 08-17-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i recently upgraded my firmware to 2.0.2 and started installing apps from cydia. But winterboard is not listed on cydia. I searched all categories but its just not there. On the home page of cydia, winterboard is listed but when i try to download it says "Can't find source" or something and nothing happens. Pls help guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    i recently upgraded my firmware to 2.0.2 and started installing apps from cydia. But winterboard is not listed on cydia. I searched all categories but its just not there. On the home page of cydia, winterboard is listed but when i try to download it says "Can't find source" or something and nothing happens. Pls help guys!!
    just download a winterboard theme in cydia and winterboard should automatically download.

How do i hide the magnifying glass as i don't want it on my screen.

Thank you

Louise

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234