Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EASY WAY TO ADD FILES/FOLDERS to Iphone

Smile EASY WAY TO ADD FILES/FOLDERS to Iphone
    I was searching the forum and i dont know how many people saw the new program added recently but its called Manzana its pretty much the best program i was sitting using dos cmd prompt to add all the files and to my phone and found this program you just drag and drop your files into it makes life 100% better you just download and extract the 2 files into your phonedmg drive and drag and drop wallpapers themes ringtones saves tons of time here is the link enjoy and thank you to the guy that has posted this for all of us!

link to the page
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=95
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

'Cept us OS X guys are still stuck with good ol' command line.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

yea that is such a pain in the butt so time consuming soon as i saw that program i was like wow 3 hours of adding stuff just took 10 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    'Cept us OS X guys are still stuck with good ol' command line.
    Terminal beats a GUI anyday

im dragging and dropping things into the program but im not seeing it on my iphone.. is there something more i have to do?

did you restart your iPhone?

Did you jailbreak it first?
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 07-20-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im new to the whole jailbreak thing....do i just click on it and let it do whatever or do i have to do something else?

Follow the onscreen instuctions after starting jailbreak.

P.S. everyone is new to jailbreak and iPhone modding in general. The phone has only been out for 3 weeks.

haha true..i just might be a little slower than everyone else to these things..

still no luck...any ideas?
    Last edited by ericaalcordo; 07-20-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

all i did was extract the files into phonedmg where jailbreak is and ran it and it worked, make sure you go to the directory's where you want and drop the files into it and should work as long as you have previously done the whole jailbreak thing and also i figured a way to make ringtones threw itunes

Right click the song
    go to Get Info
    go to Options
    then there should be a box's
    Start time 0:00
    Stop time

once you see this basically play the song and watch the second's as the song is playing and in the start box put what ever number the song is at

start time 0:24
    stop time 1:00

once you do this then hit okay
    then right click again and Convert Selection to AAC
    it converts right below of the original song
    once converted copy the file from itunes to a dir on your computer

after you copy it to a new directory go back to the original file and do the steps over and instead of seting a time uncheck the Start and Stop time

the Reason for un checking the start n stop times is every time after it will start n stop the song you set this for.

and dont worry by doing this it wont reduce the Original file any only does this once its converted

here are some images

I could not get this program to run, I had multiple errors about missing .dlls , anyone get this to run on xp? i have .net framework 2.0, am i suppose to use 3.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you put iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the manzana folder?

i extracted the files into the dir with jailbreak and iphoneintherface and then connected my phone clicked the file ManzanaUI.exe and it connected to my phone and lets me drag &drop everything into my phone instead of typing it up in cmd

it didn't want to run until i put them 2 files in with jailbreak & iphoneinterface
    so thats what i am assuming you need to do in order for it to work and it only works for windows user's

they are the 2 files
    Cphonedmg\ManzanaUI.exe
    Cphonedmg\Manzana.dll

gregg - no i didnt, am i suppose to?

slowkarts - i havent tried extracting it to my phonedmg folder with all my iphone moding stuff , I can try that when i get home thanks.

I have ran jailbreak and iphoneinterface and was able to see my iPhone directories. I copied manzana and manzana.dll to the same directory as jailbreak and iphoneinterface. I started manzanaUI but i only see DCIM, Photos, and iTunes_Control folders.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

then you havent broken out of jail you are still in the sandbox

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

chogeo (05-20-2010)

I was able to get out of the sand with Jailbreak but now when I run Mananza I get an error and it has to close all of a sudden. I have the latest Net frame. do u think me running a 64bit OS is an issue? When I try and run phone interface it opens then closes right away. On my bro's computer it opens fine. Except for Mananza which won't work because the Net frame won't install correctly one his comp? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to run Mananza so I can get a theme on my Iphone and not have to type it out for like 3 hours, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juego View Post
    I was able to get out of the sand with Jailbreak but now when I run Mananza I get an error and it has to close all of a sudden. I have the latest Net frame. do u think me running a 64bit OS is an issue? When I try and run phone interface it opens then closes right away. On my bro's computer it opens fine. Except for Mananza which won't work because the Net frame won't install correctly one his comp? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to run Mananza so I can get a theme on my Iphone and not have to type it out for like 3 hours, thanks
    make sure mananza is in the same folder as jailbreak, the dll and the dmg file. I'm not positive that all those things need to be together, but moving the manaza files to the same place got it working for me

I had these issues as well...til i finally figured it out...im very slow at computer stuff....for the ones just like me...here's a step by step...

Requirements Download all:
    1) .NET Framework 2.0 (a must) get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/t...displayLang=en
    2) Manzana files : http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=95
    3) iTunesMobileDevice.dll

(assuming you've done the 10 steps before hacking your iphone: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...n_windows.html)

Step 1: Extract Manzana files
    Step 2: copy ManzanaUI.exe and Manzana.dll
    Step 3: Paste both files into the "phonedmg" folder (which should already contain iTunesMobileDevice.dll)
    **Make sure both files are in the same folder as iTunesMobileDevice.dll**
    Step 4: Make sure your iPhone is docked and connected to your computer
    Step 5: Double click on ManzanaUI.exe

That should open it up...just look for Library/Ringtones....drop your ringtones there....I hope this helps