+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Location of iPhone backup made by iTunes?

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Originally Posted by disturbedreaper where is the directory that itunes saves the back up for the iphone on vista its differnt and i cant find it C Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup P.S.
    Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedreaper View Post
    where is the directory that itunes saves the back up for the iphone on vista its differnt and i cant find it
    CUsers\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

P.S. AppData is a hidden folder, so you would have to make hidden folders visible.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

bootme21 (02-16-2010), Kalaharijack (10-10-2011), ks503 (05-04-2009), marvelz (03-24-2011), matthew1111 (10-03-2009), ogd (04-10-2011), yoshi64 (01-12-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok ive got a question what if you DONT want to jailbreak your phone is there a way to extract your messages from an iPhone backup then restore the sms's after you restore your iPhone, because i want to wipe everything on my phone BUT my messages. but the only way i can see to do that is via jailbreaking, and i dont want to jailbreak my phone again

i was thinking about like extracting my messages from a backup, then restoring my iPhone then when it makes a new backup of the fresh restored iPhone just copying over the message files i extracted before i restored my iPhone but the problem is when i look at the backup i cant clearly see where it stores all the messages so i dont know which file i have to extract and replace.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexblanchard2 View Post
    iPhoneBrowser can be found here: iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code - it is basically like exploring your windows system - so dragging a folder/file is just like in windows and will overwrite the origionals (it will back-up the files on your phone first for you though).

The directory you need is - var/root/library

and the directories underneath should be self explanitory.

...and yes, 100% Vista compatible - That's what I am using right now.
    AOA
    hey dude very good info, u said we need to back up this folder
    The directory you need is - var/root/library
    but tell me will this also backup my sms folder? i am only worried about my sms so please let me know about it.
    thanks
    Regards.
    Junaid

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so i backed up the library folder restored my phone and replaced the library folder on the phone with the one from my computer, but nothing has happened? i've resprung the device and rebooted it but still none of my old data is coming up. is there anything im misssing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hey all
    Does anybody know where i can find my iphone backup please?
    i'm also using windows 7
    Last edited by Loumy; 06-01-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey in the backup folder i see two folders each of 908 mb..is it required that i have both of these folders?? it takes too much of the c partition in my computer..can someone please clarify this point..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I understand this is the place on windows for the storage of the iphone backup after a sync:

CUsers\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

However, this directory contains old backups, and when I do a sync a new backup is not being written, although itunes says the backup was sucessful. Could the location have changed? It seems this problem started when I began using wi-fi sync, which is awful, and I have since removed it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Where ITunes BackUp Stored in WindowsXp
    CDocuments and Settings\YourNamedDirectory\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup - Your stuff is here !

To Restore Downgrade Firmware Under WindowsXp is very simple also, For example if you Upgrade ISO4 with ITunes V9.2 and unable
    to Jailbreak it (all IPod MC Models) soon Downgrade with ITunes V9.2 is Impossible. You can force ITunes to do it by adding (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) this line in file hosts which you find here CWINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc - after adding it at the end save it close it. Now restart ITunes V9.2 plugin your IPod USB Connectic by pressing Home button under Recover mode pushing shift key search correct Firmware and Downgrade it !
    Ever your Friend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there anyway of downloading your firmware from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 to unlock my iphone 3gs please .. thanks dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In Itunes under options it says backups in users/<username>/etc,etc. Now to be safe I copied the entire user/brian folder to external drive for backup. I synced my iphone and no contacts at all. What is weird is photos, messages, everything else but contacts were synced. Apple Tech Says they use Outlook for contatcts but i don't even run outlook. Can someone please let me know what I am doing Wrong? Please, this is crazy. I have always used this copy entire itunes dir method for ipods and works. I assumed (thats my mistake) everything backed up was going into the directory itunes specified in options. Does anyone know where contacts are really stored? Thanks very much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Helppppp plz
    OK I backed up iphone 3gs 3.1.2 and upgrade it to 4.0.2 then i couldn't jailbreak and unlock iso4.0.2 so i downgrade it to ISO 4.0
    during downgrading to ISO 4.0 i download some virus, and i copied itune backup files from ( CUsers\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup) to my D drive witch are save and i reinstalled the windows (windows 7), how can i put those files back to iphone without upgrading to ISO4.02
    help plzzzzzzzzz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default please help
    while i was trying to upgrade the software on my iphone, itunes crashed and it blocked my iphone with the message that i have to connect it to itunes. when i tried that, i always become the error 1601 and it is impossible to restore my iphone from my computer. i followed the instructions from the apple page, but with no results. so, in the shop i managed to get my iphone work with the factory settings, but when i connect it to my computer it got blocked again.

now, i want to format my computer and i would like somewhere to store the iphone backup, so that i can later on try to restore it. is it enough to save the backup file and copy it back again when i have itunes reinstalled? and do you know if i will lose all my photos?

my iphone at the moment has just the factory settings...

thanks a lot for your help!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leki View Post
    while i was trying to upgrade the software on my iphone, itunes crashed and it blocked my iphone with the message that i have to connect it to itunes. when i tried that, i always become the error 1601 and it is impossible to restore my iphone from my computer. i followed the instructions from the apple page, but with no results. so, in the shop i managed to get my iphone work with the factory settings, but when i connect it to my computer it got blocked again.

now, i want to format my computer and i would like somewhere to store the iphone backup, so that i can later on try to restore it. is it enough to save the backup file and copy it back again when i have itunes reinstalled? and do you know if i will lose all my photos?

my iphone at the moment has just the factory settings...

thanks a lot for your help!!!
    ok leki, here is what you do, i had kinda same problem i what i did was i backup my iphone and my windows crashed so i had reinstalled my windows before that i copied the backup files in to my D: drive, here is what u do
    1st, copy you backup files from you C: drive into a safe place the files are
    in windows 7= CUsers\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    in windows XP = CDocuments and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    2nd reinstall your windows and install itune and back up your iphone then copy your backup files back to there place, and i know the rest,
    and nothing is going be delete, u ca get back your photos and everything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thnaks a lot, luke.john!!
    i found the file. just have to store the rest of my files and do the "big formating step". hope it will all go alright.

Thanks

Can anybody help me? I still am using an iphone 3G (my daughter decided she needed the iphone 4 worse than i did) and now i have the problem of all the backup data going into the dump.
    using iphone browser, i can see my contacts folder. no problem there. I can find my backup of my iphone 3 from 12 AUG 2010, and that is where I had all my phone numbers and pictures saved. When i open up the backup i am greeted with a plethera of things that are named, ooh, for example:
    Ce9d241a7815e07...
    Oa2fc299e3958c12...
    Does anybody know which of these files is my contacts? I have over 400 contacts, so going around and asking everybody for their phone numbers is NOT an option. is there a way to tell what the filenames are using the iphone browser?
    help
    unklbyl
    unklbyl

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anybody had this problem? I'm tring to reinstate the contacts from my iphone 3G (all 509 of them) into my outlook contacts list (Windows 7 - Outlook 2003). although the sync completes succesfully, it only copies across a handful of names. I have tried deleting those in outlook and re-syncing only for a handful of different names to come across. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

Glass@ye

Thanks

On the Mac in OS X it is at the following location:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

In Windows 7 it is:

C:\Users\onelson\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

I presume Windows XP should be similar.
    Last edited by vinko; 01-03-2011 at 05:00 AM.
    No Sig Spam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restoring backup
    i have done what people have previously advised to retrieve my photos etc,CDocuments and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup but when i open the folder in back up i have mddata and mdinfo files which when i try to open i get a message windows cannot open this file,any ideas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    CUsers\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

P.S. AppData is a hidden folder, so you would have to make hidden folders visible.
    How do you open that file if u dont have the iphone (since i lost it)?

thx in advance..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone backup location
    hi, i have searched and searched on forums, and they all give similar locations for the backup data, but i cant find it, after documents and settings/user folder, it doesnt seem to apply to what's on my computer. so what im wondering is, is there a way to tell itunes where to store the backup? because if i tell it where to store it, I should be able to find it!

LinkBacks (?)