+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak iphone 2g needing downloads for windows

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
my brother gave me an old iphone model a1203. from what i gather it's a 2g. it's stuck on... plug in to itunes symbol with the no sim card screen.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreak iphone 2g needing downloads for windows
    my brother gave me an old iphone model a1203. from what i gather it's a 2g. it's stuck on... plug in to itunes symbol with the no sim card screen. it does have the emergency slider. i would like to basically turn this into an ipod. or hacktivate or whatever it's called. i have used itunes and restored firmware that i downloaded and downloaded several versions of redsn0w with none of them recognizing the firmware or the newest version only showing usb connection error. would love a firmware download and a version of redsn0w that know each other. or anything else that works to get this thing to work. thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

things i have tried. i have downloaded different firmware versions and successfully loaded them via itunes. think i am on 1.1.3.1.7c144. i have downloaded redsn0w 0.7.2 from here and it doesn't recognize the firmware. tried the 1.1.1.4 firmware i found here and it won't load to the phone via itunes. runs a while but has error. never lights up the phone at all while trying. have tried a few times. would love to be able to get my music on this phone as well as maybe be able to use other features not requiring cell service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is an awesome site with brilliant people sharing insanely amazing talents!!!! found redsn0w vs. 0.9.1. used the bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 from download page also. through plugging and unplugging different firmware numbers in the redsn0w program i finally deduced that the one with 7D11 was recognized. used itunes to restore to that firmware. then it was just a matter of following instructions. you people amaze me!!! i can't begin to comprehend what happened, but all i know is my phone is now an awesome ipod!!! thanks so much!