Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s won't turn on; flickers to Apple logo and dies (constantly)

Default iPhone 4s won't turn on; flickers to Apple logo and dies (constantly)
    Hey, I've come to terms with this phone and all I want to do is get the data off of it. I haven't backed it up and the computer it was backed up with was recently reformatted.

I can get the iPhone to DFU mode for ~15 minutes and then it will die again and go into that whole loop. I was wondering if there is any software (that is potentially cracked) that I can use to extract the data (whether wholly backed up data, just the pictures, texts, etc. etc.).

I need help, I've looked up, downloaded, and installed (probably not smart) tons of programs that are said to help, but all they do is get data from the backups that I already have onto my phone or whatever it does.

Please, I need to get this done with as quick as possible and I'm just about willing to pay someone to do it for me.

Is there any other way to get data off of a dead iPhone? Like... maybe take out the parts and enter in a USB? Iono, I'm pretty nooby at this.

Please help, thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am sorry but i don't think there is a way. Once the phone becomes dead, it is dead..you have to take it to the service center for extracting the data. or wait may be some other members might have any idea on that.
    Sig spam is not allowed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KayleenWare For This Useful Post:

wangsig3 (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KayleenWare View Post
    I am sorry but i don't think there is a way. Once the phone becomes dead, it is dead..you have to take it to the service center for extracting the data. or wait may be some other members might have any idea on that.
    Which service center? Did you mean Apple's? I read on their forum that they won't endorse/do that kind of thing. Sadness. I hope others can help out. Thanks

Default Loose Connection
    The flickering makes me think it could be a connection, did it used to cut out or flicker or both after a drop incident possibly? put the settings for the screen lock to "never"... that way while on it cant go to sleep on you. or did you try that?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dyoung9932 For This Useful Post:

wangsig3 (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dyoung9932 View Post
    The flickering makes me think it could be a connection, did it used to cut out or flicker or both after a drop incident possibly? put the settings for the screen lock to "never"... that way while on it cant go to sleep on you. or did you try that?
    Well, it's not really the screen that's flickering, it's that the phone "flickers" on and off, as in, it will turn on for a couple seconds and turn off, turn on a couple seconds and turn off, etc. So I guess my terminology isn't technically correct, it's just the best way I thought to describe it. My phone won't turn on long enough for me/iTunes to do anything at all. I have dropped it several times and there was some water damage done on the phone. But after the incidents it was able to function correctly.