+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Network lost error

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I unlocked a phone for my friend on t-mobile he is saying he keeps getting a message popup "Network Lost" Does anyone else get this. Is it from wi-fi or
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Network lost error
    I unlocked a phone for my friend on t-mobile he is saying he keeps getting a message popup "Network Lost" Does anyone else get this. Is it from wi-fi or cell?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freshfitz View Post
    I unlocked a phone for my friend on t-mobile he is saying he keeps getting a message popup "Network Lost" Does anyone else get this. Is it from wi-fi or cell?
    When he gets the Network Lost message, does the top left-hand side of the phone say 'No Service"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not sure he says it comes up all the time and he did have wi-fi turned on but i never got that message when my wi-fi is on

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freshfitz View Post
    Not sure he says it comes up all the time and he did have wi-fi turned on but i never got that message when my wi-fi is on
    The No Service indicator is displayed if you lose connection with your carrier. So it's likely a WiFi problem. If he walks out of a WiFi zone, he's always going to get the message Network Lost, if he keeps it on all the time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I get this quite a bit at work where t-mobile service is spotty at best, its annoying because i use my iphone at work for the videos during lunch. any way to turn off this message?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Eurisko It is not a wifi problem.

When you chose a network in Settings -> Network -> Carrier you get this message EVERY F**ING time you lose signal.

You cannot turn it off. The only way to make it stop is to select "automatic" in the above setting.

I pray to the iphone hacker world out there to write a fix for this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool popup blocker downloaded from cydia disables network lost error message
    Quote Originally Posted by mmi87652 View Post

When you chose a network in Settings -> Network -> Carrier you get this message EVERY F**ING time you lose signal.

You cannot turn it off. The only way to make it stop is to select "automatic" in the above setting.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi87652 View Post

I running the trial, it works great.
    It shows up in SETTINGS window way down at the bottom, and by default it changes nothing.
    It has a list of all the popups, and you can disable them. Including the one about airplane mode when i plug in a non-apple charger.

My battery is always run down because walking around my house it pops up network lost, and TURNS THE SCREEN ON
    pure genius, run down my battery to tell me something i can do nothing about when i'm not using my phone.

Apple iphone is a mix of actual genius for the innovations and pure stupidity for all the things
    that the human interface does to make sure you notice some programmer did something lost
    in the bowels of apple. At least they turned off the spell corrector.

Back to the subject. I'm told it costs a buck. Well worth it. I will buy it if it doesn't melt my phone
    during the trial.

Best wishes