+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs won't restart - Help Please

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
iPhone 3gs Model MB717LL Model Firmware: 05.16.02 Version: 4.3.3 (8J2) Carrier: AT&T Jailbroken: Yes Unlocked: No SIM Card: None installed Please forgive me if I don't know all the correct
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3gs won't restart - Help Please
    iPhone 3gs
    Model MB717LL
    Model Firmware: 05.16.02
    Version: 4.3.3 (8J2)
    Carrier: AT&T
    Jailbroken: Yes
    Unlocked: No
    SIM Card: None installed

Please forgive me if I don't know all the correct terminology.

When I turned this phone off on Christmas 2011 it worked perfectly and it has not been turned on again until today. It had been jailbroken several months before shutting it off. When I turned it on, it still had 79% battery charge. Since turning it on, it will go to the start up screen (where you slide the slider to get in to the phone). While there, the little spinning cirlce continues to spin with slight breaks inbetween. It is only during these slight breaks that the slider can be slid and I am able to get in to the "desktop" of the phone. However, even there after a few seconds the spinning wheel of death continues, I am unable to go to any of the apps and eventually the phone will go back to the start up screen.

In redsn0w I have tried "Recovery Fix" with no success. It seems to help but after a few minutes the spinning wheel comes back.

Using TinyUmbrella several months ago I saved the SHSH Blobs if that helps. TinyUmbrella shows I have the following saved for this phone:
    4.1 - 8B117
    5.0.1 - 9A405
    5.1b1 - 9B5117b

I am familiar with all the programs such as redsn0w, ifaith, tinyumbrella and have done some things with them but please don't think that because I can name the programs I have any clue as to how to use them.

Side question: if I back up an iPhone with iTunes and then restore with iTunes, will it restore to the same version and firmware or will iTunes upgrade it to whatever the current versions are?

My goal is to of course actually get the phone to work but also need it to stay jailbroken with Version 4.3.3.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Find your iTunes back up (ipsw) when in iTunes hold Down CRTL and hit restore. It should give u a pop up on which file to restore with. Hope that helps.

If the pop up doesn't show up. Then it's SHIFT. I'm pretty. Sure it's crtl tho. And then redo the JB
    Last edited by Jfath85; 03-08-2012 at 11:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just prior to hitting the OK button it states it will verify this with Apple. Aren't I suppose to change the "Host" file or something like that so Apple doesn't upgrade the Version or Firmware?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I reccomend you definetly backup than restore. Spinning wheel of death means you need to restore.