Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFaith Help Needed

Default iFaith Help Needed
    After i stitched my blobs to my IPSW I specified in iFaith how do I access the new custom IPSW? Or is it the same one I browsed to for the original now stitched with my blobs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It puts it on the desktop it'll have a bunch of numbers in front of it (something like this: 0005400-ifaith5.0-activated.ipsw). That's close but not exactly right can't remember exactly what it's named.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to -JailbreakeR- For This Useful Post:

ceramicwhite (12-07-2011)

the blobs it saves have a name like that but its not the whole IPSW

Thanks

Actually they both do. It creates 2 different files ones a .ifaith (blobs) and the other is .ipsw. At least I got both when I used it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to -JailbreakeR- For This Useful Post:

ceramicwhite (12-08-2011)

I got the the .ifaith but the IPSW still looks untouched. I don't wanna restore with it with out knowing for sure that its stitched.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

When created with ifaith blob, the custom firmware will look like this : iFaith_iPhone_4_16gb-5.0 (9A334)_signed.ipsw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

ceramicwhite (12-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When created with ifaith blob, the custom firmware will look like this : iFaith_iPhone_4_16gb-5.0 (9A334)_signed.ipsw
    Mine had a bunch of numbers In front of it too. One was .ifaith (blobs) and the other was the signed.ipsw

searched my whole computer no custom IPSW found. How long does the whole process of stitching the blobs take? it only takes about a minute on my computer and never gives me an error

Thanks

You have to build the custom ipsw from the main menu in ifaith. It'll take 5-10 minutes to build the ipsw. At least that what my buddies I-7 win7 took. It placed the .ifaith blobs in documents folder (if I remember right) and the ipsw was on the desktop when it completed. I only built it and burned it to a DVD but I think it wanted to help me load it onto my phone. I did both 5.0 and 5.0.1 just to have them since I have all the blobs from 4.0 on. I used redsn0w and iTunes (on my mac) to restore back to the signed 5.0 ipsw since I prefer it over 5.0.1.

did all that, i'm on XP. Nothing has worked