+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Text edit my 3GS with notepad or text edit on Mac

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Is there a way to view my 3GS .plist.file with windows 7 notepad? I can view my iphone4 just fine But 3GS will not show up/ or will just be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Text edit my 3GS with notepad or text edit on Mac
    Is there a way to view my 3GS .plist.file with windows 7 notepad? I can view my iphone4 just fine
    But 3GS will not show up/ or will just be a bunch of random stuff. The text edit on Mac is just blank. Where the iPhone 4 reads all the files
    Any help would be greatly welcomed
    Thank you all

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mbob486 View Post
    Is there a way to view my 3GS .plist.file with windows 7 notepad? I can view my iphone4 just fine
    But 3GS will not show up/ or will just be a bunch of random stuff. The text edit on Mac is just blank. Where the iPhone 4 reads all the files
    Any help would be greatly welcomed
    Thank you all
    There is an easy way to view .plist files on Notepad. Make sure you have the .plist files somewhere accessible. If they are on your iPhone 3GS, transfer them using my favorite transferring tool iFunBox. Search for them after installing it, and transfer them onto somewhere convinent, like the Desktop. Open them with Notepad. You're done!

A way for you to fix seeing .plist files on your iPhone 3GS is to jailbreak it and download iFile, the iPhone browser (basically iFunbox). Go to the same directory where your .plist files are located at, and open them. You can open them as a Text File or Property Viewer (something like that).