+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w?

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I've used redsn0w 9.6rc19 to jailbreak my 4.3.4 ipod touch before, but now its 4.3.3 on jailbreakMe. I'm confused with what all the redsn0ws are. Like how there are so
    What's Jailbreak? enjoitheimaginary's Avatar
    Thanks

Default redsn0w?
    I've used redsn0w 9.6rc19 to jailbreak my 4.3.4 ipod touch before, but now its 4.3.3 on jailbreakMe. I'm confused with what all the redsn0ws are. Like how there are so many redsn0w betas. What does the beta mean in it? And what's the difference between all the redsn0w betas? And i'm assuming since there are so many redsn0w versions, that each one works for a specific device? If so, what versions work with what firmware?

Thanks

Nope they are just Updated versions. If you want to use it just download the latest

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enjoitheimaginary View Post
    I've used redsn0w 9.6rc19 to jailbreak my 4.3.4 ipod touch before, but now its 4.3.3 on jailbreakMe. I'm confused with what all the redsn0ws are. Like how there are so many redsn0w betas. What does the beta mean in it? And what's the difference between all the redsn0w betas? And i'm assuming since there are so many redsn0w versions, that each one works for a specific device? If so, what versions work with what firmware?
    The Redsn0w betas refer to the updates that progress though the version Redsn0w. You shouldn't assume that each Redsn0w works for a specific device, rather, it refers to how much Redsn0w is capable of exploiting. For example, the latest version of Redsn0w can jailbreak all and more of the devices of earlier versions of Redsn0w.

There are so many betas because iOS firmware updates several times every year. They may have some bugs because of the rapid pace of iOS version releases.