+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS iOS issues help can't think of what to do next

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Ok so I registered my udid and installed iOS 5 beta 7 no problems there until I just got my iPhone 4 and wanted to remove the beta software to
    Default iPhone 3GS iOS issues help can't think of what to do next
    Ok so I registered my udid and installed iOS 5 beta 7 no problems there until I just got my iPhone 4 and wanted to remove the beta software to sell the 3GS I plugged it into iTunes and pressed restore pointing it to iOS 4.3.5 everything seemed fine until it got 3/4 of the way through the install and it zipped through the last 1/4 very quickly and then restarted, this is where the problem started when it booted up it sent me to the restore screen with the wire to plug into iTunes but no slider so tried to get Tiny umbrella to kick it out of dfu the phone restarted but same screen, I then tried sn0wbreeze, ireb, etc, etc and no joy I then jailbroke using redsn0w pointing it at iOS 4.3.4 the jailbreak froze towards the end i cant remember the exact point it was up to but anyway I hard reset but then tiny umbrella would kicked it out of dfu and sorted the phone started no problem so I'm thinking great restore with ITunes now as the jailbreak was tethered and ended up back to square 1 the error iTunes gives is 1015 any help would b fantastic I mean I can get the phone to boot using that method but I don't really want a tethered jailbreak thanx

*quick edit the part the jailbreak freezes is installing activation bundles just incase that helps
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Is the iPad baseband installed on the 3GS?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Ok well to at least get the phone into a functional state, restore it to 4.1. No SHSHs required so just a standard shift+restore to stock 4.1 will do.

You will still get error 1015 but being on 4.1 means TinyUmbrella will kick it out of recovery mode with the "exit recovery" option just fine.

After that, you can either stay on 4.1 and jb it (it is untethered) or if you have SHSHs for 4.2.1 or 4.3.3 you can restore to one of them and have an untethered jb.