Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone recovery tool (deleted iTune issues - old backup gone)

Default iPhone recovery tool (deleted iTune issues - old backup gone)
    Hey all, I've got this situation which is really bad. Due to some issues, I deleted my previous iTune and re-installed a new iTune and the best thing ever happened is that all my old backup are gone! I've google through alot resources but little of it applies to my situation, there must be less than 0.0001% who ended up in my current state. All my contacts, notes, photos, etcs are all gone with the wind together with my old backup.

Windows has lots of recovery tools like 'File scavenger', 'PhotoRec', etcs and the problem with this is that they're only able to recover deleted items from DRIVES. I tried various disk mounting tools but doesn't help at all. I tried using File scavenger to recover the deleted itune backup by entering keywords like "iTune", "backup" and even end the filepath of the backup like "AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer....etcs" But still couldn't scan anything from the old itune backup. I guess this could be due to the un-installation done by the Apple install wizard that's why they don't appear in deleted partitions.

I've come across this website and tried the method but I'm having problems of install BSD subsystem on my iPhone and some other issues. Here's the website.

HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

I hope I can get some help here. It'll definitely also help those with this rare cases like me.. million thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by mutubun; 06-08-2011 at 10:24 PM.

is my situation really hopeless..?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutubun View Post
    is my situation really hopeless..?
    Actually, it isn't If you consolidated your iTunes library, than all your media should be safe. That means that you keep your files in their regular directory, and a copy of them in your iTunes Media folder (which was erased).

That only handles your media. Your contacts were hopefully synchronized with a e-mail, such as Hotmail. Your photos would need to be synchronized with a folder for you to retrieve them again. Unfortunately, your Notes are probably gone

If you didn't consolidate your media, than I suggest redownloading them from the iTunes Store (or whatever you downloaded it from). Redownloading from the iTunes Store is very easy. Just go into Downloads, and click Restore Purchases (or something just as easy).

Quote Originally Posted by hammydi View Post
    hello,
    Recover or undelete iPhone backup sometimes is a tricky problem. If you use iTunes as your iPhone manager, you should know there is auto backup generated by iTunes when you sync iPhone with it. Yes, iTunes has done the backup for your iPhone indeed. You only need to restore from the iPhone backup file (SQlitedb file) by SpamRemoved.
    The tool also support recover data from the backup which is encryped.
    Last edited by Cer0; 05-20-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Ensure to keep at least two independent backup types of your iPhone: one via iCloud or iTunes and the other one via third-party backup apps as described here: How to backup iPhone data.

The easiest way to keep your iOS backup safe is by enabling iCloud backup since this does not require iTunes as the middleman and minimizes the risk of the iOS backup folder being deleted. Enabling iCloud backup on the iPhone takes less than a minute via Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage > Back Up Now
    Last edited by Wyman; 03-25-2014 at 02:33 PM.