Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Help with itunes!
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM #1
Help with itunes!
I recently started up my laptop (Win7 64bit) which I synchronise my iphone 3GS with and fired up itunes.
It seems that itunes has reset to default configs as if I installed it for the first time.
It has lost all my preferences for the following:
1) song and ringtones playlists
2) movie playlists
3) synchronisation with outlook
4) apps purchased from itunes (all empty when I have over 400+ purchases)
I copied all the apps in the music\itune apps directory - so all the apps are present. However, when I click on "sync apps", itunes spits up a warning that everything on my current iphone will be replaced with the apps ticked on itunes.
What I am concerned about is that it will replace all the progress and saves which is on my iphone on synchronisation.
Likewise, I had copied all the songs back into itunes (mostly mp3 format) and now either have to reconstruct the playlist or try and tease it out of the iphone to copy into itunes.
Help would be most appreciated - especially synchronising apps.
01-02-2012, 09:43 AM #2
1. Download iFunbox.
2. Open iFunbox.
3. Plug in your iPhone 3GS into your computer via USB.
4. Wait for your iPhone 3GS to appear.
5. Click on it to expand the iPhone 3GS' common directories.
6. Click User Applications.
7. See all those apps? Right click one you want and select "Save as .ipa backup". Place the .ipa in a folder.
8. Still on iFunbox, open the .ipa and copy the Documents folder.
9. Extract the .ipa you saved earlier and paste the Documents folder in it (Rename it with the file extension .zip, and extract it).
10. Compress the .ipa.
11. Repeat Steps 7 to 10 until you have all your desired apps.
12. Replace these apps with the ones inside your iTunes library (Stored, on Windows 7, in your Username in Music/iTunes/iTunes Media, or something like that)
13. Synchronize it!
So, your music. Use Diskaid for a 15 days trial. Open it. Select your music, transfer it to a convinent directory. Add it to the library in iTunes.