Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bluetooth missing driver?

Default bluetooth missing driver?
    i just bought a new netbook with a bluetooth receiver thinking that i could use the internet tethering through it. but whenever i go to pair them i get an error message saying that there is a missing driver. anyone know where i can download it? it says "Bluetooth Peripheral Device doesn't have a driver." its a 3gs running 3.0 and the netbook is windows 7 starter 32 bit

Quote Originally Posted by freakshowexces View Post
    i just bought a new netbook with a bluetooth receiver thinking that i could use the internet tethering through it. but whenever i go to pair them i get an error message saying that there is a missing driver. anyone know where i can download it? it says "Bluetooth Peripheral Device doesn't have a driver." its a 3gs running 3.0 and the netbook is windows 7 starter 32 bit

I'm not sure if this is right, but i've read that the iphone bluetooth profile was setup only for connecting to bluetooth headsets and not other devices like pc bluetooth receivers. (I have 2 iPhones and they can't even see each when they both have bluetooth on!!!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakshowexces View Post
    There isnt one..I think that ibluetooth is currently being reworked to run on the 3gs then it will work fine but you will still get the Bluetooth Peripheral Device error you just have to cancel it three times thats vista for you..I have a 3g with ibluetooth installed that works fine but as I said its not compatible with 3gs at the moment looking forward to when its finished and realeased..I did see a btstack realeased in cydia but havnt tried it...
    Ricky

just got off the phone with apple support. they told me that its not possible now and it might be included in the next firmware update