Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing jailbroken iPhone after clean install of Windows 7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Syncing jailbroken iPhone after clean install of Windows 7
    I have a 3g, unlocked and jailbroken with a custom 3.1.2 firmware, and 4.26.08 modem firmware. AT&T is my carrier, so the unlock isnít extremely important to me. But, I have quite a few Cydia apps and some cracked apps on it. Iím gonna be doing a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64bit on my laptop that is currently running Vista Home Premium 64bit with iTunes 9.0.1 (64bit).

What is the process for syncing with a basically ďnewĒ iTunes for the first time after a clean install of Windows 7? I have an external drive that Iím gonna backup and copy everything to. Iím nervous about losing my jailbreak and having to do it all over again.

Iíve spent 2 days searching for an answer, so I apologize in advance if this subject has already been addressed.

The JB is tied to your device, not your PC. All you need to do is backup your iTunes folder (with all your IPA's) and deactivate your CURRENT iTunes authorisation so you don't lose a machine activation when you upgrade.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WaLLy3K For This Useful Post:

dallasjmj (10-21-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    The JB is tied to your device, not your PC. All you need to do is backup your iTunes folder (with all your IPA's) and deactivate your CURRENT iTunes authorisation so you don't lose a machine activation when you upgrade.
    I thought that was the case, but just needed to hear it from somebody else. Thanks!

No worries!