+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: iTunes 9 missing CoreGraphics.dll

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
If anyone can offer a solution to this I would be most grateful. iTunes won't launch anymore and says that it's missing the file CoreGraphics.dll. It then says to re-install
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Help: iTunes 9 missing CoreGraphics.dll
    If anyone can offer a solution to this I would be most grateful.

iTunes won't launch anymore and says that it's missing the file CoreGraphics.dll. It then says to re-install iTunes because it didn't install correctly.

I have tried re-installing/uninstalling/deleting all registry entries and system folders... nothing. I have tried with iTunes versions 9.0.0.70 and 9.0.1.8 with same result. I even tried installing and then uninstalling Safari since I've read that this file is Safari related and has nothing to do with iTunes.

My OS is Windows 7 x64. This started happening after I changed some security settings in windows which I'm unable to reverse. This may or may not have had something to do with it. Anyone with a similar experience?

Much appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the exact same problem since this afternoon, i am also using itunes 9.0.1 and windows 7 x64 build 7600, but i definitely did not change anything in my os' settings. just stopped working from one second to another.
    Last edited by hackulo; 10-04-2009 at 11:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackulo View Post
    i have the exact same problem since this afternoon, i am also using itunes 9.0.1 and windows 7 x64 build 7600, but i definitely did not change anything in my os' settings. just stopped working from one second to another.
    I'm wondering if it's a problem with windows because one of my other programs recently stopped working properly and I had to reinstall. This was before I started tinkering with the security settings. If I find a solution I'll post it here but for now still searching.

[EDIT]
    OKAY! Got it working at last! Here was my problem... while attempting to remove all apple software via Windows control panel I noticed that there were two entries that I couldn't delete/uninstall:

Apple Application Support
    Apple Mobile Device Support.

Both of these were looking for a .msi package in a location that no longer existed (c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Temp\IXPxxx.tmp\). I suspected that Apple Application Support was the culprit and needed to reinstall it properly.

1. Download iTunes setup exe
    2. Open the exe with WinRAR and extract all contents to a new folder
    3. Go into folder and run "AppleApplicationSupport.msi"
    4. When windows says it can't find the folder hit "browse" and select the folder you extracted the files to.
    5. The installation window should now appear. Choose "Repair" option.

That fixed it for me! I did the same thing with the "AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi" since that appeared to be broken as well and would have resulted in my iPhone not being recognized.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by ddarko777; 10-04-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added edit tag

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for that i'll work it through Tomorrow. Still curious where that Problem came from. See if i can find more People with similar Problems.

Worked like a charm, thanks!
    Last edited by hackulo; 10-05-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost