Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing SMS bubble color

Default Changing SMS bubble color
    What is the EASIEST way to do this? I am new to modding my iPhone and i just want a really easy way to do it. Can anyone give me a guide to doing this or a program to use or something? thanks..

Use the customize app found on installer. Make sure you also get the custom images package as well.

Steps to doing this..
    • Go HERE and download the right version for you
    • Plug in your iPhone[IF NOT ALREADY]
    • Run the file
    • Go on your iPhone
    • Go to installer
    • You might have to download the community sources 2.5 things.
    • Find customize, install it.
    • Once installed, go back to installer on your phone
    • Download the designer image set..

Now when you go into customize, the SMS bubbles will be there.. along with a few other neat things

thanks so much dude... but one last question. when i'm done and get the SMS bubble colors i want, is there anyway to get installer off of my phone?

Sure, just use ibrickr or ifuntastic, which ever you are using, and uninstall the installer app

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk-O View Post
    thanks so much dude... but one last question. when i'm done and get the SMS bubble colors i want, is there anyway to get installer off of my phone?
    why would you want that...its best app out there
    how would you update what you just installed..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

ChrisAyad (04-28-2009)

If you use a program like SummerBoard,
    you can hide the 4th row and have all your other apps (Installer, Customize, etc.) hidden until you scroll down.

hey, i'd like to do that too but it's not working. i've downloaded customize and the two designer packs. when i select which colours i want and press ok, they're still the same. i've tried shutting the phone off and still the same problem. any idea why mine's not working? thanks for your help!

Just change the badge color in photoshop the file is /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBBadgeBG.png

Hey ekologik, are you talking about on 1.1.3? If so, then customize is broken on 1.1.3

You can SSH into your phone and go here:
    Applications/MobileSMS.app/
    In there, the Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png are the bubbles. 1 is what you send, 2 is incoming. Just take the SMSBalloons you want, rename them, and throw them in there.

Here are some SMS balloons found here on the site
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

bsltiger (11-05-2008), skitomcat1 (03-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Hey ekologik, are you talking about on 1.1.3? If so, then customize is broken on 1.1.3

You can SSH into your phone and go here:

In there, the Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png are the bubbles. 1 is what you send, 2 is incoming. Just take the SMSBalloons you want, rename them, and throw them in there.

Here are some SMS balloons found here on the site
    You can get the modded customize, it works fine with 1.1.3

http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml <-add that source and download their modded Customize. (i think 1.21 modded)

I can confirm that this modded customize works on 1.1.3....

Thanks for the tip

[I succesfully changed my wi-fi bars.. so I am assuming the rest works.]
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

miaseren (05-03-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post

http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml <-add that source and download their modded Customize. (i think 1.21 modded)
    yea jus do that and download the bubbles from the Downloads link up at the top.

confirm it works also
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post

the rss feed doesn't work for me for some reason, but that link trent sent to the chat bubbles on this site is awesome if you use ssh to get into your phone.

i have firmware 1.1.4 and for some reason i cant find where to change the sms bubble colors. i've downloaded customize 2.0 and i've opened it. what am i doing wrong or haven't done?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrettis Maximus View Post
    i have firmware 1.1.4 and for some reason i cant find where to change the sms bubble colors. i've downloaded customize 2.0 and i've opened it. what am i doing wrong or haven't done?
    The SMS Bubble colours are located:
    Balloon_1.png | Balloon_2.png
    ./Applications/MobileSMS.app/

how do you put it onto the phone though??? i cant figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by trent j. View Post
    hey ekologik, are you talking about on 1.1.3? If so, then customize is broken on 1.1.3

you can ssh into your phone and go here:

In there, the balloon_1.png and balloon_2.png are the bubbles. 1 is what you send, 2 is incoming. Just take the smsballoons you want, rename them, and throw them in there.

here are some sms balloons found here on the site

anyone have any other colors i can download? :d

how do i chnage the chat bubbles on 4.3.1 jailbreak? can anyone help me out? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERPLAYA View Post
    how do i chnage the chat bubbles on 4.3.1 jailbreak? can anyone help me out? Please.
    @ HUSKERPLAYA

As root go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework and rename 'Balloon_1~iphone.png' to 'Balloon_1~iphone.bak' and rename 'Balloon_2~iphone.png' to 'Balloon_2~iphone.bak'. Then move the chat bubbles that you want to use into the same directory and name them 'Balloon_1~iphone.png' for incoming and 'Balloon_2~iphone.png' for outgoing.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberjunkyfreak For This Useful Post:

HUSKERPLAYA (04-21-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast