Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneInterface: Hack to get you inside the iPhone

Default iPhoneInterface: Hack to get you inside the iPhone
    iPhoneInterface is a program that "allows you to manipulate the phone's state, fiddle with launch services, and interact with the iPhone's filesystem. With the new app, you will have the ability to scan the device's file structure, create and remove folders (which should open doors for those not feeling the sync options), and start iPhone services" --via Engadget

iPhoneInterface

So now we should be able to have full control of our phones.....

(time for some custom ringtones.....)

Nice, the initial release is tonight

If you look hard enough you can find the program right now, some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 07-06-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for those interested........

"...This file is for Windows only, I believe. Make sure to extract the zip file onto a folder. Then copy the file "iTunesMobileDevice.dll", which you can find under "CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin" in your hard drive to the folder to which you have extracted the files in iPhoneInterface.zip. Hook up your phone to your computer via the Apple USB cable. Double click on "iPhoneInterface.exe" in the folder into which you extracted the files, and the application should run (you will see it run in a black DOS screen). You will see the following prompt "iPhone:/#". Type "help" (without the quotes) to see the different commands that you can type in. With "ls", you can see the subdirectories. Some of these functions are similar to DOS functions. Don't expect too much, as this application is in its infancy!! Good luck!!" ~vandy1997, HoFo

"The hackers have released iphoneinterface.zip. It is basically a file system browser for your phone that will let you read files and move some files around. It is a work in progress and will be updated with more new features tomorrow. You can download the app here
    http://69.60.115.122/iPhoneInterface.zip

Have fun" ~ori0n007, HoFo
    ============
    More Info
    ============

Hot on the heels of the announcement of the iPhone Activation tool, the team behind all the work on the iPhone Dev Wiki is getting ready to release their iPhone Interface Tool, which has an amazing set of features, and more are coming. This is an update they issued a little while ago with their plans for the tool.

We have successfully written a tool named iPhoneInterface allowing for some basic manipulation of things on the phone, and are releasing it tonight. We are including source code so you can understand the techniques we have used so far. We will be expanding the functionality of this tool significantly tomorrow. The best news is that we have prototype code that allows the ability to:

* Run any desired application already residing on the phone.
    * Control what processes run on the phone (currently implementation is very hackish)
    * Move files around on the phone
    * Enable viewing of verbose information during the restore process
    * Activate the phone without iTunes and without a token

Note: Not all of the features listed above are necessarily included in tonight’s initial release.

We are continuing significant work on this tool and will probably have similarly worthwhile updates tomorrow.

I should note that right now, if you aren’t working on hacking the iPhone yourself, this release is primarily interesting for academic reasons. Still, this opens iPhone hacking to an even larger group, which will hopefully mean that the end-user useful features will be coming even sooner. Right now though, we are still in the early days so don’t expect too much from these early releases.

iPhoneInterface is a tool for Windows and Mac that permits you to manipulate the iPhone’s state, launch services and interact with the chroot’d filesystem. Version 1.0 was released on 5 July 2007.

help - this, also help services and help values
    ls - list directories
    cd - change directory
    mkdir - make directory
    rmdir - remove directory
    deviceinfo - get device info
    fileinfo - get file info
    readvalue - read a value
    activate - activate iPhone with plist
    deactivate - deactivate iPhone
    startservice - start service on iPhone
    enterrecovery - Enter recovery Mode **WARNING: YOU'LL NEED TO RESTORE**
    quit - exit shell
    Last edited by skeredmobile; 07-06-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: further update

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Link is here as well. Both Windows and OS X Makefiles are included.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok i've trying to activate my phone via iphoneinterface (for windows) and nothing happen.
    Thirst i've jailbrake my iphone using the normal way, then i've copying the a.plist into my cphonedmg folder.
    When i launch iphoneinterface from cmd line i have this :
    Waiting for the phone... established.
    iPhone state: MismatchedICCID
    type "help" for help
    iPhone:/#
    Then i type : activate a.plist
    and it reply :
    Activation currently does not support your platform.

So anyone having a solution is welcome

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Hmm. What is your firmware version? MismatchedICCID... haven't seen that one yet.

my firmware version is : 1.0 (1A543a)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Have you been following exNavys guide from HacktheiPhone.com? Or which guide?

No, actually i try to use the best method to unlock my iPhone (yes i made a restore via itunes because the dvd jon method (i use windows) is not very "clean".
    So i found another way by using jailbreak.exe and iPhoneInterface.exe BUT when i use this way i couldn't use the activate option in cmd line. I toke the a.plist file needed in iPhoneTool.zip which is supply by Anderson Technologies website. So i have a plist with good key, an iPhoneInterface working (i have access to all my iPhone), but typing : activate a.plist doesn't work on windows. So why they did a .exe file of iPhoneInterface if the most important fonction doesn't work?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Hmm. Haven't seen anyone get that working.

am i forced to use the dvd jon way to unlock my iphone with win xp? cose that song so bad

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

If I were you, I WOULDN'T unlock your iPhone yet.

Why? you think they are close to find something else? something more interesting

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yes. I mean, unlocking your iPhone through those methods cripples your phone.

Oh ok but if it's going wrong i can ever restore my iphone so from now i prefere to unlock it instead of watching a lock screen 'till someone find another working method

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

The iASign method seems to be working well.

Default iphone activation tool command not recognized
    using pq dvd instructions to activate my iphone using original att sim card and winxp computer, I get to the last step: "For everyone else out there type: ./tool –activate whateveryouwant.plist" and it says in my terminal screen: "tool" is not a recognized internal or external command. I tried ./tool and /tool all with the same basic response. What am I doing wrong? i double checked to make sure I was in the right directory where the tool was saved and the plist file was placed as well.
    Last edited by paladinwar; 07-29-2007 at 06:54 PM.