Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Editing .mov files for corrupt cycorder videos...

I had a company sort it which was stress free and the file worked perfect!

aero Quartet: Video Apps and Repair Service

Cheers

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by NFL_Demon View Post
    It's been 4 years and I'm back! Did this some how get fixed? I still have the video file! No joke, but its still corrupted lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Update 03-27-2013 (4 Years Later!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still have my corrupted video. It seams as though Xylor wrote a python script to fix the corrupted parts of the file, however in my absence I missed the opportunity to get the download from him before it was removed from the internet. Xylor if you ever see this message again, please let me know how you fixed the problem. If any one else was able [or is able] to fix this issue, your input would be greatly appreciated!

MODS please fix this post. The description I opened this topic up to has been removed for some reason (the very first post).
    Wow, you still have that video and have not fixed it? As I said WAY back, treasured is pretty much guaranteed to fix it -

Fix corrupt video files. Recover footage from damaged disks and cards

But you will have to pay. I can get you the video without sound pretty easily. And with a little extra effort I can fix it with sound. Fixed a bunch of corrupted videos since this thread.

How big is the file?

Thumbs up Still some hope for your file ...
    Hi NFL_Demon,

As correctly stated parabolee, Treasured can do a great job repairing your damaged file, but in case you're on a PC (which I guess you are) I would suggest you to test MP4repair.org to easily check whether your file can be repaired. It works directly on your browser and diagnosis is free. Best of luck!

--Fire

Quote Originally Posted by FireRouteR View Post
    Hi NFL_Demon,

As correctly stated parabolee, Treasured can do a great job repairing your damaged file, but in case you're on a PC (which I guess you are) I would suggest you to test MP4repair.org to easily check whether your file can be repaired. It works directly on your browser and diagnosis is free. Best of luck!

--Fire
    DOH, tottaly forgot Treasured is Mac only. Good link, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee View Post
    I can get you the video without sound pretty easily.
    is it really easy? i have a slightly different problem.. i think my camera died while i was filming.. and my mov file would only open in GOM but not in quicktime or final cut or anywhere else.. i can't edit it, and i can't convert it.. and i can't pay for the HD Video Repair Utility program. (although the beta worked perfectly with my corrupt file, it only fixed the first minute of the video)
    i don't need the sound though.. could you help me with this pretty please?? x____x

Quote Originally Posted by Olesia View Post
    is it really easy? i have a slightly different problem.. i think my camera died while i was filming.. and my mov file would only open in GOM but not in quicktime or final cut or anywhere else.. i can't edit it, and i can't convert it.. and i can't pay for the HD Video Repair Utility program. (although the beta worked perfectly with my corrupt file, it only fixed the first minute of the video)
    i don't need the sound though.. could you help me with this pretty please?? x____x
    Well it depends on the file type of course. Most corrupt videos can get all the frames ripped with a drag and drop to a Mac program called "File Juicer". It's not free but I'll use my copy on your file if you like. Then it's easy to recreate as a video using Flash to drop the frames into.

How big is your file? I'm happy to give it a shot if you upload for me.

Also what is GOM? If you can play the file then it's simple to capture it with Quicktime with the screen capture function (if you have a Mac, don't recall if Quicktime on Windows supports this).

Default Solution to this mov fixing issue...
    Hi,
    I have been seraching for almost 3 years (not full time obviously) for a solution to fix a video taken with my iphone 3gs that were corrupted... The best solution i found so far is this program: Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions - HD Video Repair Utility
    It does the trick perfectly, even restored the sound. In the free version it fix only half of the video, but i make it twice bigger with a text editor and it fixed it all.
    Enjoy your fixed videos!

What's Jailbreak?
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tortlle View Post
    Hi,
    I have been seraching for almost 3 years (not full time obviously) for a solution to fix a video taken with my iphone 3gs that were corrupted... The best solution i found so far is this program: Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions - HD Video Repair Utility
    It does the trick perfectly, even restored the sound. In the free version it fix only half of the video, but i make it twice bigger with a text editor and it fixed it all.
    Enjoy your fixed videos!
    How did you make the file size twice bigger using a text editor? I tried by duplicating the file and merging it together with itself, but it didn't work. What process did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Torack View Post
    How did you make the file size twice bigger using a text editor? I tried by duplicating the file and merging it together with itself, but it didn't work. What process did you use?
    Your welcome...
    I tried copy and paste the whole file but it didn't worked for me either. I had to copy a smaller portion (around 10% of the file) few lines away from the end of the file, but not completely the end (there were some tags there that probably shouldn't be duplicated), and paste there 10 times this portion of texte. I also had to edit the FPS in the option to have the movie run at the right speed (20fps in my case).

This method works for me. I recorded using Cycorder (back then when I have iPhone 3G) and while I was recording, my alarm went off and that stopped recording and the file couldn't be read since then... until now!!! after I got through iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and now the iPhone 5

Thanks a ton! If I know that someday I can fix those corrupted videos, I didn't delete some that took up space...

Quote Originally Posted by xylor View Post
    Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script ('ZIP' link at https://github.com/dkjer/repair_cycorder_mov) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov-master.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov-master
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.

Hey friends, you may also try MOV video recovery software for your rescue

Video Recovery Software

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678