Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Editing .mov files for corrupt cycorder videos...

This is my config:

My source file has 500 Mb
    but
    repaired file has 1 Mb.... and is not working (

Please help!

thx
    Kamel

Hey I am doing this on mac - I keep getting this error message

-bash: ./repair_cycorder_mov.py: No such file or directory
    unknown-00-26-bb-0e-76-78:~ Ryan$

when I input this code into terminal

./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov

I have looked all the way through this thread and there is no mention of this, everyone seems to be on pc.

HELP !

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Crepair_cycorder_mov>repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupt.MOV fixed.mov -v
    Type: 'ftyp', size: 24
    Type: 'moov', size: 8306664
    Type: '▌ ', size: 3562191045
    Type: 'free', size: 1851
    Type: ' ', size: 0
    Invalid atom size.

Hello Cer0,

I been trying to fix my corrupted .MOV file

The way it got corrupted was like this: When I connected my iphone 4 thru the USB cable I always get an Auto Play window with the options asking if I was to import the files from Iphone" so I always import the files to free space in my iphone I review what I am going to import and check the option to deleted after the import has been completed. It has been working fine all the time, but last time I got one of the movies from a trip to China got corrupted. The file shows it has at least 500mb of information but when I try to open the file in Real Player it will just not open it.

I looked for options to fix the file on the internet and that is how I got to the forum.

It seems that I am very close to getting the file fix but somehow I am doing something wrong.

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

I have attached a picture of what I am doing and the message I'm getting.-almostthereithink.jpg

Do you have python installed? You will have to read back a few pages to see if which version works because I know newer ones had issues. Wanna say 2.5 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Do you have python installed? You will have to read back a few pages to see if which version works because I know newer ones had issues. Wanna say 2.5 and below.
    Thank you for your kind reply,

So at first I had python 3.2.2 installed then I read the posts and I re-installed python 2.6.6. Should I installed an earlier version? Am I writing the right script into the DOS command?

I really appreciate it.

Now all I get is this, thank you so much. -movlostmsg.jpg

How did you get it to work?

I have been trying for a long time, but all I get is this. You think you can help me?

Thanks in advance-movlostmsg.jpg

I have been trying to make my video work again for a long time. But I have been unsuccessful.

Can you help me? I have attached an image of a message I am getting.

Thanks in advance

-movlostmsg.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeebee View Post
    Windows users, I was successfully able to recover a MOV file using repair_cycorder_mov. You first have to install the python application on your machine ( Download Python ). Once its installed you can use the DOS command line to run the script.

I used the following command and options to run the script (hit carriage return after the -v:

-> C : \ > repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

Thanks XYLOR! Good work!!
    Last edited by movlost; 04-16-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Try typing python then the fix command right after.

python repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupt.MOV fixed.mov -v

Unfortunately for me, still not working. :-(

It keeps giving me the same message. Am I doing it the correct cmd.exe window?

I will keep trying.

Try typing python then the fix command right after.

python repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupt.MOV fixed.mov -v

try python.exe before then.

Seems like your python is not being recognized.

Or just type python in command when in the video directory and you should get something about what python is installed.
    Last edited by Cer0; 04-16-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Thank you,

I will keep trying. I am kind of lost.

try python.exe before then.

Seems like your python is not being recognized.

Or just type python in command when in the video directory and you should get something about what python is installed.

hi i wanna to ask if i any one could correct my vedio as i cant understand any more about python and terminal and these application if any body to help me >>>>>> plz tell me and i will upload the video and give u the link the video contain alecture for my friend die last year plz helpppppppp

I can attempt. Send me a PM with a link for the download. I will work on it tonight after work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

eskendr (04-18-2012)

Hello
    i Got a 900mb movie from a iphone 4s iOS 5.0.1 and gopt corrupted

i ran the pythoon script, and as with many people on thei thread, got a 1.1MB file

now what?

Default How to create moov_template from good .mov file from specific camcorder
    Hello everyone!

This tools looks very promising but the included moov_template does not cover all possible camcorders. I did notice however that if someone has a working .mov file from their camcorder they can use it to produce a moov_template that can be used to repair the corrupted files. How can that be done?

Thank you!

Default No longer aviable file in Rapidshare repair cycorder mov.zip...
    Hello, The file repair cycorder mov.zip is not longer aviable in Rapidshare, could you repost the file in orden I can download.

Regards

Luis.

Hi Cer0, I've tried many times to download/unzip repair_cycorder_mov.zip in cmd, but not successful, what did I do wrong in this step? Some additional information, I have installed Python 2.6 (which is the version suggested from previous threads), but regardless of how many different commands I've tried, it won't go past the unzip step, please help!! I have attached my command here.

Regards,
    Esther

-command.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi i wanna to ask if any one could correct my vedio please i tried since 2 days and i couldn't do it
    please ?

Default What Happened To Cycorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by xylor View Post
    Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script (repair_cycorder_mov.zip) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.

Hi specially Xylor,

I've created this account because I am encountering the same problem you guys had last 2010.
    About 3 years ago huh' reading through the thread it seems like Cycorder is the one that can save me.

The original link from Rapidshare is already gone, is there any other way I can follow throught this process? Where can I get 'repair_cycorder_mov' ~?

Cheers!

It's been 4 years and I'm back! Did this some how get fixed? I still have the video file! No joke, but its still corrupted lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Update 03-27-2013 (4 Years Later!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still have my corrupted video. It seams as though Xylor wrote a python script to fix the corrupted parts of the file, however in my absence I missed the opportunity to get the download from him before it was removed from the internet. Xylor if you ever see this message again, please let me know how you fixed the problem. If any one else was able [or is able] to fix this issue, your input would be greatly appreciated!

MODS please fix this post. The description I opened this topic up to has been removed for some reason (the very first post).
    Last edited by NFL_Demon; 03-27-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast