Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Editing .mov files for corrupt cycorder videos...

Same error here:

Regarding this error:

Code:
    File "C:Downloadsrepair_cycorder_movrepair_cycorder_mov.py", line 87
        print "A%d: %d, %f, %d, %d, %d" % (audio_chunks, time_delta, float(audio_sam
    ples) / 44100, chunk_audio_samples, audio_samples, offset)
                                      ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    This could be a difference with the version of python you are running? This line only executes in verbose mode though, so try leaving out the "-v" portion of your command.

Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    Thanks cerote! but I have another problem now, I get this error

any ideas?

btw, the size of the corrupted video is 572 MB
    You need the 'moov_template' file in the same directory as your corrupt video and repair script.

Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    Does this work with big files?
    It should; I have successfully recovered 3Gb+ .mov files with this.

Quote Originally Posted by andras.jacso View Post
    Hello!

I have tried your script and it finished the repair but I still can't play the mov file.

Story:
    I took some snapshots with iTimeLapse on my iPhone3G. Then the battery depleted and the software couldn't finish to save the mov file (this is what I think).

I was able to copy the mov file from my iPhone onto my Mac.

Could you take a look on the file if upload it somewhere?

Thanks,
    Andras
    iTimeLapse encodes the .mov file differently than Cycorder. This tool is tailored specifically to Cycorder's encoding, unfortunately. The moov_template file is basically a stripped down Cycorder 'moov' atom that the script adjusts to suite a particular video.
    Last edited by xylor; 04-26-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xylor View Post
    Regarding this error:

Code:
    File "C:Downloadsrepair_cycorder_movrepair_cycorder_mov.py", line 87
        print "A%d: %d, %f, %d, %d, %d" % (audio_chunks, time_delta, float(audio_sam
    ples) / 44100, chunk_audio_samples, audio_samples, offset)
                                      ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    This could be a difference with the version of python you are running? This line only executes in verbose mode though, so try leaving out the "-v" portion of your command.

You need the 'moov_template' file in the same directory as your corrupt video and repair script.

It should; I have successfully recovered 3Gb+ .mov files with this.

iTimeLapse encodes the .mov file differently than Cycorder. This tool is tailored specifically to Cycorder's encoding, unfortunately. The moov_template file is basically a stripped down Cycorder 'moov' atom that the script adjusts to suite a particular video.

Thanks for the reply xylor

For those asking, yes Its in DOS (I said im not a total newb)

I downloaded and installed Python 3.1 specifically for this purpose.

Just tried the script without the -v mode and still got the same error.

I also have the template in the same folder.

I note in the error message it has a little arrow pointing to the comma just after chunk_audio_samples ... not sure if that helps you or not.

Thanks again
    Last edited by gazmeist; 04-26-2010 at 05:08 PM.

thanks cerote and xylor! it finally worked. I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by gazmeist View Post
    Thanks for the reply xylor

For those asking, yes Its in DOS (I said im not a total newb)

I downloaded and installed Python 3.1 specifically for this purpose.

Just tried the script without the -v mode and still got the same error.

I also have the template in the same folder.

I note in the error message it has a little arrow pointing to the comma just after chunk_audio_samples ... not sure if that helps you or not.

Thanks again
    Ah, yes I just tried Python 3.1 and it does give a syntax error. Try using Python 2.6 from here instead.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xylor For This Useful Post:

gazmeist (04-27-2010)

I forgot to mention that... I got the same syntax error as gazmeist with Python 3.1

Python 2.6, that should do it

Dont you love how something as 'simple' as a software update can turn an easy task into a nightmare? Kinda reminds you of Winblows

Thanks xylor that was the issue. All good here now.

I am trying to use the repair_cycorder_mov.zipbut having issues with it.

I downloaded Python 2.6.5 but then every time I try to open the "repair_cycorder_mov.py" file, I get the black terminal screen then it closes right away. I can not get it to stay opened for the life of me so that I can put in the command to repair needed avi and mov files

My external hard drive got corrupted somehow. After 24 hours I was finally able to retrieve the photos and documents on it, but for some reason it only retrieved a few avi(s). These are very important to me as they are videos of my son when he first started rolling, walking, talking, ect. Hoping someone can help me recover these very sentimental video clips

Go to your start menu - then go to the 'Run' command
    In there type cmd <enter>

This will open the command window and keep it open for you to enter as discussed earlier.

Ok, sorry about that.

However, I am getting this error (I saved the repair_cycorder_mov folder directly to my desktop)

Default Large MOV files generated by Epiphan vgs2usb
    Hello, I use Epiphan vga2usb which grab vga signal and generates .mov files. When the files are really big (currently have 3 files bigger than 6GB), no program is able to open it (QT, VLC, FFMPG, ...). I've tried repair_cycorder_mov.py but the output is:

~/Documents/capture # ./repair_cycorder_mov.py Capture_1.mov Capture_1_rep.mov -v
    Type: '', size: 0
    Invalid atom size.

When generated smallest files (capturing shorter time), the files are valid.

Please, do you have any advise about it?

Thanks
    David

Default error 2048
    Hi
    I have got myself completeley confused and would be very grateful for some help please.
    I have a corrupt .mov file on my i phone which i have transferred using disk aid to my desk top on my Windows Vista PC.
    It won't open as it has the error 2048.
    What steps do i need to take to get my file to work?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script (repair_cycorder_mov.zip) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.

I have a corrupt video as well. Its about 73.7 MB large and I have no idea how to fix it.
    If anyone can help me out, know a way I can send it to you, and can send it back fixed.
    Brownie points for you

~Martha

Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script (repair_cycorder_mov.zip) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.
    i get all the steps, but im a nobb and dont know much bout this, at the end of the last step i got this

./repair_cycorder_mov.py 1276883591.mov 35911.mov
    Type: 'ftyp', size: 20
    Type: 'wide', size: 8
    Type: 'mdat', size: 0
    Attempting to reconstruct sample tables.
    Reconstructing 'moov' atom.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./repair_cycorder_mov.py", line 535, in <module>
    repair_qt(input_filename, output_filename, verbose)
    File "./repair_cycorder_mov.py", line 440, in repair_qt
    construct_moov(o, video_data, audio_data, sync_data)
    File "./repair_cycorder_mov.py", line 218, in construct_moov
    total_audio_samples = audio_data[-1][0]
    IndexError: list index out of range

then i changed the file name to corrupted and the i got this

/repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mo

any help on this xylor??!?!?! thanx

thanks a lot xylor, it works perfect.

[Please remove this message]
    Last edited by help-me; 06-28-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Some windows help please!
    Im a total noob t these sorta things and happily stumbled across this thread!

I have tried to used windows command prompt and WinSCP, i havent a clue what im doing, can you please hel me out.

My battery died while i was recording the sunrise at Glastonbury festival this year! It was a truely epic moment, Hope to hear from you soon!

Max )

Rite, ignor my previous comment! read all comments and followed steps to the letter...

for fellow nubz!!!

make sure you have 2.6.5 version of python!

all correct you have saved my memory forever thanx to all previous posts! love you guys!

Last edited by SinFetic; 07-01-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I didn't know the best place to reach you at, so I double-posted...please pardon my rudeness...

I recently acquired a Kodak Zx3 (PlaySport) HD pocket video cam. I recorded a considerably long clip. When I hit the button to turn the REC off, it froze for a second (assembling the Header info I assume) but the battery died before the cam had a chance to go back to "STAND BY" mode.

So I think I have the same problem you did with the Cycorder footage. And if you take a look around on some of these forums (you don't have to look long), this has been a pretty consistent issue with these Zx3s.

I'm rambling...what I'm getting at is I have scoured the internet (7+ hours now) and while I am not a programmer, your description including Dumpster and Terminal (I know just enough to be dangerous...kinda) made sense to me. I read Apple's pdf on atoms and the header data and I have tried to plug in my own values to adapt your coding to my specific cam.

So far no luck. If I were to send you a good .mov clip from the same cam/same SDHC card...it's even got the corrupt file still on it...do you think you might be able to pull the good header data from it and construct a "repair.py" that would apply to this corrupted clip?

Thanks in advance...and if you don't want to do it or are tired of getting asked by other people, do you know of anyone who might be able to crack the code?

- Braddd

Quote Originally Posted by Braddd View Post
    I didn't know the best place to reach you at, so I double-posted...please pardon my rudeness...

I recently acquired a Kodak Zx3 (PlaySport) HD pocket video cam. I recorded a considerably long clip. When I hit the button to turn the REC off, it froze for a second (assembling the Header info I assume) but the battery died before the cam had a chance to go back to "STAND BY" mode.

So I think I have the same problem you did with the Cycorder footage. And if you take a look around on some of these forums (you don't have to look long), this has been a pretty consistent issue with these Zx3s.

I'm rambling...what I'm getting at is I have scoured the internet (7+ hours now) and while I am not a programmer, your description including Dumpster and Terminal (I know just enough to be dangerous...kinda) made sense to me. I read Apple's pdf on atoms and the header data and I have tried to plug in my own values to adapt your coding to my specific cam.

So far no luck. If I were to send you a good .mov clip from the same cam/same SDHC card...it's even got the corrupt file still on it...do you think you might be able to pull the good header data from it and construct a "repair.py" that would apply to this corrupted clip?

Thanks in advance...and if you don't want to do it or are tired of getting asked by other people, do you know of anyone who might be able to crack the code?

- Braddd
    Hmm, I could try taking a look at the file, but I would need a sample of a small, working .mov file that was successfully written out by your Kodak Zx3 as well. PM me a link to download; no promises that I'll be able to recover it, but I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfc
    i get all the steps, but im a nobb and dont know much bout this, at the end of the last step i got this

./repair_cycorder_mov.py 1276883591.mov 35911.mov
    jasonfc, try using Python 2.6

- Xylor

Here is a link to a video I took with my ZX3 which is the same as the user above is having a problem with. I happen to have a few corrupted videos too.

100_0011.MOV

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast