Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Editing .mov files for corrupt cycorder videos...

Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script ('ZIP' link at https://github.com/dkjer/repair_cycorder_mov) and move it to your Desktop.

2) Open the Terminal application. This should be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3) Unzip the script:
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    unzip repair_cycorder_mov-master.zip
    cd repair_cycorder_mov-master
    Keep this window open for later steps.

4) Move the corrupted Cycorder video to the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your desktop. Alternatively, you should be able to just pull this directly from your iPhone if you know its ip address (pull from :

Code:
    scp mobile@YOUR-IPHONE-IP-ADDRESS:Media/Videos/* .
    (Enter 'alpine', or your ssh password)
    5) For this example, we'll call the corruped Cycorder video 'corrupted.mov'. To create a working video 'working.mov', type this in in your Terminal window:

Code:
    ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov
    A working version of your video should now be located in the 'repair_cycorder_mov' folder on your Desktop.

By the way, I have noticed that longer videos seem to have the sound offset by half a second or so. If this script ends up working for folks, I'll see about putting an updated version with better audio sync.
    Last edited by xylor; 03-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xylor For This Useful Post:

billymac (04-02-2010), gazmeist (04-25-2010), huycaguy (06-16-2013), mainita (04-18-2010), xHITMANx (04-22-2010)

I don't have cycoder but I do have corrupt .mov files that were created with an aiptek hd camcorder and I am wondering if this script might work for me? Does the resolution of the .mov file matter at all with this script?

And where do you type the code ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov ?
    Do you add it to the end of the repair_cycorder_mov.py file and then open it? I take it I need to have a working.mov file of my own in the repair_cycorder_mov folder as well?
    Last edited by bertrenolds; 03-31-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrenolds View Post
    I don't have cycoder but I do have corrupt .mov files that were created with an aiptek hd camcorder and I am wondering if this script might work for me? Does the resolution of the .mov file matter at all with this script?
    It is doubtful that this script would work for your camcorder without modification. The same general techniques would probably work, though you would need to use a 'moov_template' from a valid camcorder .mov and restructure the script around that template instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrenolds View Post
    And where do you type the code ./repair_cycorder_mov.py corrupted.mov working.mov ?
    Do you add it to the end of the repair_cycorder_mov.py file and then open it? I take it I need to have a working.mov file of my own in the repair_cycorder_mov folder as well?
    You type the './repair_cycorder_mov.py ....' command in the Terminal window that was opened previously. You do not need a working.mov file of your own; this is generated by the script.
    Last edited by xylor; 04-01-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Hey Xylor, it worked, had a 10 minute cycorder video, its alive again!!

Great job on the script, and my audio seemed ok.

billymac

Excellent, glad it worked for you!

Xylor, THANK YOU!

Default help me
    hii... i dont understand i cant do it in windows pleaseeeee help me i need this video sos

Quote Originally Posted by xylor View Post
    Here are the steps you should be able to take on Mac. This script should work on Windows or Linux as well, though the steps would be different.

1) Download the repair script (repair_cycorder_mov.zip) and move it to your Desktop.
    How would this work in windows? Would we need cygwin? Can you tell us what plugins for cygwin would be needed? python or something like that needed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dice1976 View Post
    How would this work in windows? Would we need cygwin? Can you tell us what plugins for cygwin would be needed? python or something like that needed?
    Windows users, I was successfully able to recover a MOV file using repair_cycorder_mov. You first have to install the python application on your machine ( http://www.python.org/download/ ). Once its installed you can use the DOS command line to run the script.

I used the following command and options to run the script (hit carriage return after the -v:

-> C : \ > repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

Thanks XYLOR! Good work!!
    Last edited by mikeebee; 04-14-2010 at 08:40 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeebee For This Useful Post:

dice1976 (04-22-2010), mainita (04-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebee View Post
    Windows users, I was successfully able to recover a MOV file using repair_cycorder_mov. You first have to install the python application on your machine ( Download Python ). Once its installed you can use the DOS command line to run the script.

I used the following command and options to run the script (hit carriage return after the -v:

-> C : > repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

Mikebee when I use the Python (command line) and typed the command
    \> Repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov
    Python says it has an error "syntax error" what can this be?

just abir Python and run this same command with the corrupted video folder that's right??

Thank you for your attention

Code:
    repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

Is that what you are putting in to command in the same directory as the currpoted file?

I cant!!!! they created a file named output.mov-v. or i do everything wrong

Thankkkkkkssssssss finally works for myyyy godd blesss you and xylor!!!!
    Last edited by mainita; 04-18-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alright, I'm using this script in Windows and for a 716 MB corrupted.mov it creates a 2,25 MB working.mov.

So is this small working.mov the mdat/moov/whatnot atom? What do I do now to make the movie work? Do I need to combine those two files somehow, or what?

Thanks so much for any answers, I'm so close to getting my precious videos back to watchable.

Is there any tutorial video available?
    I cant make this work.
    Thanks

Hi! i don't know what i'm doing wrong. I downloaded Python 2.6.5. In the command line i put: C : \ > repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

thanks

Same for me. I have tried everything. I am using WINDOWS and i have tried it from the c command line and i have typed it from the python command line. I am getting a syntax error and it is pointing at my input file name regardless of what I put there.

Its also pointing at the end of the chunk_audio_samples parameter and something about line 87 followed by a print message with a lot of parms listed.

Please HELP !

You have ot change the directory in the command prompt to the folder that you have the file you want to convert in.

like: cd c: \blah\blah

Minus the space cause the forum here converts it to a smile when typing : \ together And use the name of the corrupt .mov when using the command.
    Last edited by Cer0; 04-21-2010 at 09:26 PM.

i have the corrupt file at the root of c. that is also where the repair_cycorder_mov script is located.

So your command should:
    First type this in (minus the space between : \):

cd c: \

Second type this in but use the names of your corrupt file and the output name slighlty different:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebee View Post
    Windows users, I was successfully able to recover a MOV file using repair_cycorder_mov. You first have to install the python application on your machine ( Download Python ). Once its installed you can use the DOS command line to run the script.

-> C : > repair_cycorder_mov.py input.mov output.mov -v

Thanks XYLOR... and Mikeebee! That worked wonderfully. Can't believe how simple that was for me to run to fix/repair. I really appreciate it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast