Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are contacts and contact photos stored on iphone?

Default Where are contacts and contact photos stored on iphone?
    For both these questions, I'm referring to the file directory, where I would have to look to find these files.

I would like my contacts, since I didn't use Outlook to enter my contacts, and I want to make sure to have a backup of my contacts in case I need to restore.

When I say contact photos, I mean, the photos that I take of someone when I add a contact and then "add photo", and I "take new photo". When you take that new photo.

Anyone? thanks...

I'm guessing the photos are stored in the address book database /var/root/library/addressbook. I have not opened the database to check just assuming

Do a search. If you add the photo to contact before saving, it will not be saved for further use than for the contact. Make sure you save from now on.

Reako

the two files you're looking for are in /var/root/library/AddressBook

there should be two files, something along the lines of "contactssqllite.db" and "contactpicturessqllite.db"

copy those, and they will store your contact photos and contacts, respectively.

Thanks guys so much. I'll get on that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm trying to save a contact or just the contact photo of me and Chingy, but my screen only shows the Charger port and an arrow toward the iTunes Logo. IDK how to save this contact on a Windows cpu. can someone help me. I'm trying to restore my iphone via iTunes to see if that's the problem why my iPhone is stuck on this screen. But I know that it will erase everything I have and I need that photo....bad!
    Someone help me....thanks in advance

Thanks
    @theYoungHustla

Is your phone Jailbroken with SSH installed? if so, read the posts above and download the files. then restore your phone, and copy the files back to the iphone once its restored.

If its not, did you sync your contacts before? if so, then just restore your phone and it will resync and the pic will be back on the iphone.

If it wasn't sync'd and the phone's not jailbroken... you might be SOL.

does anyone know where the photo's themselves are stored within the iphone?

I have a jailbroken iPhone with 1.1.4. contact photo data base is stored in /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb. Open this file with any sqlite manager (i used ff extension). In table ABImage there is all entries, last field named 'data' in each entry contains som text, save this text as .jpg file and there you go!

Default thanx
    thanx for the info but i have two questions. i have only done back up one file addressbook.sqlitedb and when i open this file is sqlite i dont get any data base namde abimage.

basically i had to update my firmware and i did do back up but i did back up of wrong file. so now i have this one file which i can open in excel and i can find contacts by doing ctrl+f but its all jumbled up.

plz advise how can i get that old contacts back.

I have the same problem, it hasn't been solved for a long time.
    It will be easier if you are using Outlook to sync iphone contacts to Outlook.
    but it still it's another kind of way to transfer them.
    You may have a read on this guide, it provides a effective way to sync iphone contacts to Outlook.