Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: freeSync - Use you iPhone with any iTunes

  1. #1
    Default freeSync - Use you iPhone with any iTunes
    Hi, I love my iPhone but hate how stupid iTunes is. If I sync my phone with my home computer then I can't copy files to it at work. Or even worse I can't move over to my Mac just 3 feet away from my home PC and use it there! Lame.

    So, I wrote this little utility to rewrite your iTunes Library ID on your computer and your iPhone with a "universal" ID. If you set all your libraries to the same ID then you can move stuff to your phone as you like.

    I'm setting the phone to NOT automatically sync because otherwise you'll probably end up with multiple copies of the same files. You will need to drag and drop the files you want from your library to the iPhone but I do that already anyway. I don't trust the sync.

    I'm also including the source.

    Please let me know if you have any problems but of course use at your own risk as this will most likely erase your hard drive, fry your iPhone, burn down your house, steal your car and crash it into Der Waffelhouse, it will probably try to date your ex, and finally it will most likely call your boss to tell him you quit and you don't want any stinking severance pay.

    Works great for me though.

    Oh, and I'm working on a Mac version now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kludge For This Useful Post:

    Blackbass (07-11-2009), CaptainChaos (03-17-2009), imlboy (03-20-2009), kurfali (02-25-2011), SharpieBandit (03-18-2009)

  3. #2
    I like iTunes, but thanks for the info. appreciate it

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    I like iTunes, but thanks for the info. appreciate it
    You're welcome.

    I think I did a poor job of explaining this app; it's not a replacement for iTunes, it just allows you to use your iPhone with every iTunes library all over the world (as long as everyone uses the same ID).

    In fact the app only has two buttons...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -freesync.png  

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    So how does this drag and drop work?

  6. #5
    You use iTunes. You drag and drop from your computer to your library then to your iPhone.

    And again this app will also automatically set your iPhone to manually sync, not automatically sync, so you MUST manually sync your files. If you prefer to autosync then this isn't for you. I've got way too much in my library to have it all on my phone so I do it manually anyway.

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Ok, thank you. I never autosync as well.

  8. #7
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,097
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    Cool utility. I'm assuming this works for the iPod touch too? Does it work for all iPods? This would be great because my kids all have some form of an iPod and sometimes they want a few songs of our laptops that aren't on their laptops.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Cool utility. I'm assuming this works for the iPod touch too? Does it work for all iPods? This would be great because my kids all have some form of an iPod and sometimes they want a few songs of our laptops that aren't on their laptops.
    I'm not sure about the iPod touch but most likely not. The library I'm using to access the iPhone's file system looks to be written for the iPhone alone but I really have no idea.

    I'll try to get my hands on a touch to see if I can read it.

    [Edit]

    Just tried a touch iPod and it does not work. So, this is ONLY for the iPhone at the moment. I would like to set my iPod also so I guess I'll figure out how to do them too.
    Last edited by Kludge; 03-17-2009 at 01:02 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kludge For This Useful Post:

    soulthoughts (03-17-2009)

  11. #9
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,097
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    That would be awesome!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

    kurfali (02-25-2011)

  13. #10
    Help me to get this right
    With your app I can synch my 1 iphone on 2 or three computers, after installing itunes and what else?
    a.) Do I need to copy the libraries when I do it for the first time?
    b.) Will this restore my iphone - you changing the id
    c.) With changed ID will update feature of app store still work?
    d.) ....

    Ruben

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    Help me to get this right
    With your app I can synch my 1 iphone on 2 or three computers, after installing itunes and what else?
    a.) Do I need to copy the libraries when I do it for the first time?
    b.) Will this restore my iphone - you changing the id
    c.) With changed ID will update feature of app store still work?
    d.) ....

    Ruben
    A) No, no need to touch anything. That's why I wrote it.
    B) No, it does not restore your iPhone.
    C) Yes. This is only changing the iTunes database ID. It doesn't change anything you couldn't change yourself just by resyncing your phone to a new iTunes database.
    D) 525,600

  15. #12
    Doesn't work on 3.0 obviously.

    Doesn't seem to work on my itunes 8.1 on vista 32bit.


    Thanks though really cool app!

  16. #13
    could you include a backup of old id?

    Ruben

  17. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    Doesn't seem to work on my itunes 8.1 on vista 32bit.
    Hmmm, I've got 8.0.2.20, guess I should upgrade but I heard it was even slower on Windows machines than the one I have.

    Oh, I know why, the offset. I should look at the size of the iTunes version instead of just using a non-dynamic offset. Easy fix... I hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    could you include a backup of old id
    Yes. This was just a really, really quick app I wrote just for myself but wanted to share. I'll add a backup and restore option. I've already written the logic for it so it shouldn't be very hard.

  18. #15
    cool looking forward to that. Seems the thing I need. Got a netbook as a gift and would like to keep my apps up to date on the iphone. Having two stores / accounts makes is necessary to use itunes (:-((

    Ruben

  19. #16
    got error when trying to free iphone in Vista 32bit.
    But do i have to free both my itunes and iphone? Or i just need to free each itunes on each desktop/laptop that i want to sync my iphone ?

  20. #17
    This app is really cool. Update it to work on 3.0 when it comes out and you win IMO.

  21. #18
    does not work on windows 7

  22. #19
    Default Destroyed my Itunes Library?
    Hey there,

    I just used your app.
    Im on WinXP 32-Bit with itunes 9 and an Iphone 3G with 3.0 jailbroken NOT unlocked.
    Now i have little Problem.
    Firstly i Freesynced itunes which worked well.
    Then i Tried to freesync my iphone, but the application keeps crashin.
    Now i cant add any music to my Iphone.
    Itunes always says that this iphone is synched with another library and wants to delete it. Synching of apps etc. works well but i cant sync any music.

    EDIT:
    Code:
    Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
    anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.
    
    ************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Der Einstiegspunkt "AFCGetFileInfo" wurde nicht in der DLL "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" gefunden.
       bei Manzana.MobileDevice.AFCGetFileInfo(IntPtr conn, String path, IntPtr& buffer, UInt32& length)
       bei Manzana.iPhone.Exists(String path)
       bei freeSync.Utilities.copyFromPhone(iPhone iPhone, String sourceOnPhone, String destinationOnComputer)
       bei freeSync.Utilities.FixPhone(iPhone iPhone)
       bei freeSync.MainGUI._DoPhone_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    
    
    ************** Geladene Assemblys **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    freeSync
        Assembly-Version: 0.1.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 0.1.0.0.
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/Kreazy%20PC/Desktop/freeSync/freeSync/freeSync.exe.
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Windows.Forms
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    System
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Drawing
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    Manzana
        Assembly-Version: 1.1.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 1.1.0.0.
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/Kreazy%20PC/Desktop/freeSync/freeSync/Manzana.DLL.
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Configuration
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Xml
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    mscorlib.resources
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
        Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
        Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000).
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    
    ************** JIT-Debuggen **************
    Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
    Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
    (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
    Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.
    
    Zum Beispiel:
    
    <configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    
    Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
    Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
    Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.
    I get this msg when trying to free the phone.
    here a screenshot:


    Plz help.what to do?
    don´t want to reinstall everything.
    greetz
    Last edited by azzkickr; 10-24-2009 at 06:24 PM.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Hi, I love my iPhone but hate how stupid iTunes is. If I sync my phone with my home computer then I can't copy files to it at work. Or even worse I can't move over to my Mac just 3 feet away from my home PC and use it there! Lame.

    So, I wrote this little utility to rewrite your iTunes Library ID on your computer and your iPhone with a "universal" ID. If you set all your libraries to the same ID then you can move stuff to your phone as you like.

    I'm setting the phone to NOT automatically sync because otherwise you'll probably end up with multiple copies of the same files. You will need to drag and drop the files you want from your library to the iPhone but I do that already anyway. I don't trust the sync.

    I'm also including the source.

    Please let me know if you have any problems but of course use at your own risk as this will most likely erase your hard drive, fry your iPhone, burn down your house, steal your car and crash it into Der Waffelhouse, it will probably try to date your ex, and finally it will most likely call your boss to tell him you quit and you don't want any stinking severance pay.

    Works great for me though.

    Oh, and I'm working on a Mac version now.
    Hey Kludge, thanks for the code. But do you have the Mac version of freeeSync ready? can you posit it? Thanks dude!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •