+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Edge APN

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Alright... I'll make this short and easy - let's see if somebody here can do what T-Mobile can't. I unlocked my phone successfully and am up and making calls like
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default T-Mobile Edge APN
    Alright...

I'll make this short and easy - let's see if somebody here can do what T-Mobile can't.

I unlocked my phone successfully and am up and making calls like a champ... however, when I try and access anything online I'm having issues, specifically because of EDGE.

I have T-Mobile with a BlackBerry Pearl on the account and have (obviously) switched over to the iPhone and am now interested in accessing the web via it.

What is the APN info I need to access it? I have tried a few that I saw listed online but none have worked... I know I have EDGE because I often see it pop-up on my Pearl while I'm browsing sites.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated - thanks!

Well... This is a turn.

I'm here to answer my own question.

I did a ton of searches prior to posting and didn't find ****! Eventually, I came up with this site!

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...N/TCP_settings

FYI: For T-Mobile use: wap.voicestream.com

I titled this thread so that anyone searching for this in the future would find it ASAP!

Good luck people!
    Last edited by Xink; 09-13-2007 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

go to the APN settings and put there wap.voicestream.com password = blank
    username blank

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Jakebar!

I actually ended up discovering that in the link I posted earlier - but thank you very much for the help nonetheless!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If not using the blackberry plan and using the total internet plan then the apn is internet2.voicestream.com

Though Edge still doesn't work on mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone solved this issue?

TMO told me to use internet2.voicestream.com, but when I try to save that as the APN with no user/pass the iPhone does NOT save the information.

I can't access anything Internet, only with Wifi.

I have saved, resaved dozens of times with both wap. and internet2. but the iphone just will not save the data.

Please help if you know how to get internet going on the iphone for Tmobile.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i got tmobile too and i used this apn
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet works great ... if u guys need any other settings or file id be glad to post them i left user/pass blank

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyhound View Post

TMO told me to use internet2.voicestream.com, but when I try to save that as the APN with no user/pass the iPhone does NOT save the information.

I have saved, resaved dozens of times with both wap. and internet2. but the iphone just will not save the data.

did you reload after you changed the setting before trying to get on the net?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyhound View Post

I had similar trouble. To fix it I swtiched to the blackberry data plan and used the wap.voicestream.com without a username or password.

Then I took the sim out, put it in an actual tmobile phone and used tzones on that phone. After it works on the tmobile phone just switch the sim card back to the iphone. For me that got edge to work perfectly.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Maybe wrong place to ask but is Tmobiles Edge service different from ATT? Is there a performance diff???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I figured it out. My phone software was still at 1.0 and when I upgraded it to 1.02 it now is allowing me to save the APN, and it works with internet2.voicestream.com.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got the wap.voicestream.com one btu the data plan i use is hte "iphone data plan" that what they called it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngmon View Post
    i got the wap.voicestream.com one btu the data plan i use is hte "iphone data plan" that what they called it.

this post is a year old man.

if you have tmobile USA, just go into installer or cydia and search for t-zones hack for your firmware.

install.

tell tmobile you want the 5.99 tzones plan. nothing else!

enjoy ur internet!

also check the date of posts before you start tryin em out!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You guys know t-moble know when you using i-phone so you can tell them ou like internet activate 5.99 one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help ASAP
    i purchased an unlocked iPhone 3g and the apn setting do not show up on the phone so I can enter wap or interent2.voicestream. I have T-mobile and they tried to troubleshoot it but could not do it. I need slotuions fast. Thanks.

Thanks

Can someone update me as to what the current skinny is on this topic. I have an iPhone that was working great in LA on T-mobile's Edge network. I'm in Texas for the week and I don't get edge anymore - just a small tiny "degrees" symbol. (what is this - whatever it is is horribly slow. I can get emails if I wait forever, but the web is useless.

I am using the legacy postpaid version 1.0.11 tweak from Cydia - internet2.voicestream.com.

Why would it stop working in Texas? T-mobile is no help. In fact they seem to have changed my designated phone (some touch type iPhone look-alike) on my online account settings.

What to do?

Thank you.

Just realized I'm in a windows thread. My previous post has nothing 2 do with windows . Should I go elsewhere?
    Last edited by Pianoman1976; 05-10-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine stopped too, a couple of days ago...tried all kinds of stuff...still not working with the Maps app, specifically...getting the "Your location cannot be found" message...