Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing Veency on "Dead Strip" iPhone

Default Installing Veency on "Dead Strip" iPhone
    my iPhone got "Dead Strip" at the bottom 1 inch or so.

Somehow i manage to install OpenSSH on it, but could not figure out how to install "Veency" or any other software from Cydia (i know how to install ipa (Apple App)),

i am looking for some way to install Veency using WinSCP, OpenSSH.
    Any help would be great. Cheers

Default Solution?
    Anyone come up with a solution?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Where is the strip on your phone? I use veency with the app called iUSB which is in this forum section.

Also, check out an app called Cyder it lets you sync Cydia apps from your computer. It shows updates and all.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 05-27-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Install Veency on iPhone with dead bottom screen/lcd strip
    I was determined to get this working cause I bought a beat up phone just for demo work..iPhone 2G 4GB Model.

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU START SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR IN FOR!!!!

I have NOT tested this on iPhone 3G or 3GS

Setup an open wifi router or borrow your neighbors ;-)

connect to wifi with iphone and comp

install open ssh via cydia

Don't worry about restarting springboard cause you can't hit the button.

Hard reboot the phone. (Home and power button)

open ssh will be working now.

scp http://apt.saurik.com/debs/veency_0....honeos-arm.deb for iPhone OS 1.x-2.x or http://apt.saurik.com/debs/veency_0....honeos-arm.deb for iPhone OS 3.x into the /tmp directory

SSH to iphone and type dpkg -i /tmp/whatever deb you had to use

open cydia and install something free like bossprefs and veency will be installed

Hard reboot the phone

Wait for your phone to connect to wifi and then you can vnc to it! Hooray!!!

I'm running iPhone OS 3.0 and it works great. Thanks Saurik!!!!!!

I'm doing like 10 things right now at work so if I miss something or your have a question let me know.

Hi I have the same problem, bottom dead strip after I drop my 2G iphone. Now I'm using veency with iTunnel in 3.0 and it works great but still is insufficient. The mayor problems for me is to push "Connect" after typing the password of a wifi network. Other problem is that now Cycorder is useless. I'm waiting for the release of the 5 row QWERTY keyboard with Keyex in firm 3.0 to solve the problem with de 123. key. Maybe you have some ideas. Thank you