+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: =[ Can i recover lost sms messages with a different backup?

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Well i was half *** asleep when i was texting someone back when i realized that i deleted my text conversation with that person. =[ i have tried almost everything.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy =[ Can i recover lost sms messages with a different backup?
    Well i was half *** asleep when i was texting someone back when i realized that i deleted my text conversation with that person. =[ i have tried almost everything. I know that i have overwritten the back ups of my iphone on my computer.....But i know that i have backed up my computer since the text were deleted. I have tried to delete all my backups that are useless and put in my backup that i know has my saved text on there but when i right click on itunes it says (Unknown)I have tried to make numberious changes to my backup name to see if it will accept it but no luck. I was wondering if there is a way to exract the sms.db from my backup since i know that i cant well not 100% sure but i can seem to get my iphone restored with the backup i want. I would appreciate any help =] Thanks

Ps i have tried using MobileSyncBrowser - this only does 100 messages per contact and it also has stopped working for me =[. Windows Vista, iPhone 3g 16 gb - Jailbroken
    Last edited by Shadow9; 01-19-2009 at 07:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there,

I lost a few texts and got them back using smartphone recovery software from a company called Engima Recovery. The software worked really well and was really helpful for me. However I only needed to get a couple of texts back. I'm not sure whether it will recovery an entire conversation, but I'm pretty sure there is a free trial on the website.

They also have step by step guides on how to recover SMS, contacts, notes etc....

Here is the one for SMS

How to Recover Deleted SMS Text Messages from an iPhone

Hope this helps you