Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What would you like to see most made into a guide?

Default What would you like to see most made into a guide?
    What would you most like to see made into a guide?

THIS IS FOR WINDOWS ONLY
    or
    JUST IPHONE
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

how to make a pxl package for themes in iswitcher

Default Nes
    What is the best and easiest way to install programs including NES on the iPhone? If the best is different than the easiest then I would like to know both. Thanks. Maybe a guide with getting started on applications for the best one. I see a few guides online, but I can't really tell which is easiest. Thanks.
    Last edited by long10horns; 09-11-2007 at 07:58 PM.

uh... i have two stickes here, that do both of what you said, both easy and best. ibrickr and apptapp
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

How to make icons for windows... preferably with some freeware app that is similar to photoshop or the demo version.

I'm not sure if this has been indeed posted, but I read somewhere about CyberGreg having some pxl package he installs onto his phone and BAM, everything is the exact way it was before. If this is entirely true, than a how-to on that would be very useful for many of us. Almost like a sync for iTunes, but with applications instead of settings.

Reako

we need a guide on using dos to access the iPhone....so we can write batch files to easily backup/restore files and apps

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

How To Install Themes Downloaded From This Site Onto The Iphone Using Both Summerboard Or Iswitcher.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to frnkied For This Useful Post:

hquintero (04-26-2008)

Default I would like to have a guide using SFTP in windows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would love to see guide making your own apps.

Quote Originally Posted by dubD View Post
    I would love to see guide making your own apps.
    I second this...

Since I was pretty much computer illiterate before getting my iPhone, all of the modding I have done has been a result of well written step by step instructions, and I am very grateful. What I have yet to figure out is how to change things like the weather screen, and the bar dialer and what not. Graphics other than the home screen. I just read the FAQs, and saw that there is a file list and I could find what directories each graphic is in so I am thinking I could probably figure it out on my own but I would much rather have some one smarter than me tell me exactly how to do it.

Nevermind my last post, I finally got some balls and tried some things without step by step instructions. Once you have followed a tutorial on how to change any specific graphic, all you need is that directory list posted in the FAQs. I didn't think the iPhone could be any cooler until I found this forum. Thanks again.

Sorry, one last post. I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but if you hold the arrow on the keyboard to the right in MS-Dos, like to move the cursor, it pastes the previous line. Saves MAD time.
    Last edited by GLuv12; 10-06-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How to get a iphone that has been unlocked using iunlock working on firmware 1.1.1 without getting bricked.

a clear step by step tutorial on how to get a virgin 1.1.1 iphone unlocked using ipsf
    (something that doesn't skip steps and expect you to know how to activate without actually listing the activation process)

when i get back from my lunch break, i can write up a quick windows tutorial on iswitcher and summerboard themes, if anyone wants them. i noticed in the guides section there is only one for iswitcher themes on mac, and none for summerboard. let me know if anyone is interested.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

One question I've seen asked 100 times now (without a proper response) is how to take an AnySim-unlocked 1.0.2 phone and update it to a 1.1.1, activitated, unlocked state without having an AT&T account. I think there's a lot of people looking to do this and I haven't seen a step-by-step guide yet (unless I've missed it)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

im still looking forward to an easier way to make ringtones in 1.1.1 from windows
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could go for a guide on creating summerboard themes! Please?!

How about increasing the volume a LOT in 1.1.1.

Also using the iphone 1.1.1. as a wireless modem in windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast