+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Converting .png's in Windows

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
is there a way to do this yet? the only tutorials i've found are with fixpng and fixpngdroplet, which both only work on macs...i've noticed that the colors in the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Converting .png's in Windows
    is there a way to do this yet? the only tutorials i've found are with fixpng and fixpngdroplet, which both only work on macs...i've noticed that the colors in the packages of stock images that have been converted are wrong...the red and blue are switched in those.

i'm looking to put together a web page that has every single image with the locations and stuff, and i guess i can put up the images in that package, even though the colors are off on quite a few of the images.

but having a way to convert them myself would be handy...thanks in advance

Thanks

There are several photo type programs that will do that. I use Paint Shop Pro X. You can open any image and then simply save it in any one of many formats.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    There are several photo type programs that will do that. I use Paint Shop Pro X. You can open any image and then simply save it in any one of many formats.
    when you first pull an image off the iPhone though, you have to convert it to standard .png format...Apple has them formatted weird and you can't open them with any program that i'm aware of until you convert them...i've tried using everything from paint to GiMP to PSP and everything in between lol, and they won't open unless they are converted first.

i just need to know if there is a program that will convert from Apple's .png format to standard .png format on windows.

thanks, though.

UPDATE:
    i still haven't found a program to let me convert Apple .png images to standard format .pngs, but i did find the next best thing.

i wrote an image manipulation program while at ITT in java, i'm just going to edit that and have it switch the red and blue values...that seems to be what the conversion process did. i'll let you know how it works out ^_^

UPDATE(again):
    ok, so i know i'm pretty much talking to myself lol, but if there happens to be any java-knowledgeable people around perhaps you can help.

i modified the program and it works, except for keeping the transparency on the images. it changes the transparent sections to black, which obviously won't do us much good lol. i've been looking around for a solution and haven't found anything yet, but as soon as i get that, i can turn this into an executable or a script for others to use if they so wish. or at least fix the package that's currently available for download and submit the new version with fixed images ^_^.

this will also work out for me so that i can put together a web page with every image and their locations...some of the lists i've seen are only about half there lol.
    Last edited by rianbattle; 09-06-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes...that is the problem with me as well...
    i don't have a mac and I'm trying to make some yellow bars...
    unforunately they show up weird (because of the transparent part of things), i hope you find a solution to this problem...good luck...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Windows convert PNG solution!
    Hi guys, i make this adaptation of Marco's fixpng to convert iPhone's pngs on windows.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/62546796...ixpng.rar.html

Put pngs that you wanna convet on "png" folder, execute "iPhoneFixPng.exe" then click "Converter" click Ok (on success).
    Fixed pngs will be in "fixed" folder. Enjoy!

EDIT: This file is en english >> http://rapidshare.com/files/62620700...ng_en.rar.html

Better instructions at http://www.hacktheiphone.com/: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iph...s_windows.html

File names cannot have spaces ok? I'll fix it then post here ok?
    Last edited by osvaldoasn; 10-15-2007 at 09:59 AM.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to osvaldoasn For This Useful Post:

CaliforniaMan (02-13-2010), DaEMoN390 (08-18-2008), dsg (02-28-2011), ErikSocal (08-20-2009), flarn2006 (05-16-2008), It's Mi (02-02-2011), Literari (02-14-2010), rasputinj (10-14-2007), samwhite7 (02-13-2011), thekirbylover (11-19-2011), TV-Junkie (02-02-2011), wyndwarrior (09-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osvaldoasn View Post
    Hi guys, i make this adaptation of Marco's fixpng to convert iPhone's pngs on windows.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/62546796...ixpng.rar.html

Put pngs that you wanna convet on "png" folder, execute "iPhoneFixPng.exe" then click "Converter" click Ok (on success).
    Fixed pngs will be in "fixed" folder. Enjoy!

EDIT: This file is en english >> http://rapidshare.com/files/62620700...ng_en.rar.html

thanks that worked great, it helped me figure out the Ipod icon, is now icon-MediaPlayer.png

Thanks

iPhoneBrowser can convert the png's when it copies them off the phone. It doesn't fix the CRC, but Windows doesn't seem to care.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

what about a .jpeg to Apple .png

Green Apple
    Thanks

ohh great work guys.. i've been wonderin how to do it for a while.. the tool works great!

Thanks

The iPhone does care about the CRC so I took out the conversion from regular PNG to Apple PNG until I feel like writing some CRC code (unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't make the pieces of their PNG code very accessible).
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Photoshop CS3. 'nuff said.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

Supports Apple iPhone PNG format?
    Pocket-sized Development

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

BEST PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS
    Paint.Net
    Not only is it free but it nearly mirrors paintshop. Ive widely used both and have to side with Paint.net ALL plugins are free and its consistantly updated.

EDIT: This is the program I have used to create all my themes and such for the iPhone. (transparent png's... etc
    Last edited by Dan0609; 05-02-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Additional info

Green Apple
    Thanks

Macromedia Fireworks (now Adobe) edits and exports pngs. In fact PNG is it's native file type.

Thanks

Try it on a native iPhone PNG...
    Pocket-sized Development

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just use Iphonebrowser to copy all the stock files and Fireworks opens them right up no problems........

Thanks

Well, iPhoneBrowser converts (more or less) the Apple png format to standard (Windows-compatible) png format.

However, I am (fairly) sure that if you were to put an iPhoneBrowser converted png back on the iPhone, the OS X on the iPhone would reject it as not being in the proper format (I don't recompute the checksum when I do the conversion in iPhoneBrowser).
    Pocket-sized Development

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

paint.net rules. Best free image editor. I dont think it can handle Apple PNGs though.

Current: Apple iPod touch [stuck in dfu mode]
    Acer Aspire x1700
    Soon: MacBook Pro 13''

Thanks

Default Irfanview?
    Pretty much does anything to anything, well, almost. Free, buttloads of plugins, and most formats convert to each other. tif, gif,jpg png etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Converting .png's in Windows-2010-07-05_015514.jpg   Converting .png's in Windows-2010-07-05_015701.jpg  
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

fixpngwindows is the way to go.
    ModMyi Forums - Downloads - fixpngwindows