+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! I need to restore my iPhone.

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Hi. iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone. I did a bunch of modding in the past few days. Mod after mod after mod. I added NES, changed a lot of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Help! I need to restore my iPhone.
    Hi. iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone. I did a bunch of modding in the past few days. Mod after mod after mod. I added NES, changed a lot of the icons and pictures, then applied a whole theme. I even added the ringtones a few days prior the the more compicated mods listed before. I used hacktheiphone.com, which was very helpful, then i was led to this site. I wanted to go back to the factory settings and start over since, I did so much modding in the past few days, so that I could then (after the restore) apply only my favorite mods. OK, so I tried to restore. iTunes gave me an error message then my phone said "Please Connect to iTunes" with the Warning Sign. I was connected to iTunes the whole time! I tried closing iTunes and opening it again, but it still didn't recognize phone's connection. I tried disconnecting the USB cable and reconnecting it again. Same problem. I know I rushed into modding too much too fast, but I would simply like to restore my phone. I know that iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone right now, but maybe there are some ways to force recognizability or restoration. Please help. I have no phone and no contacts and will be waiting patiently for a response.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know if this will work, but I had a similar problem and I worked around it.
    My phone was basically locked at the "please connect to itunes" screen after uninstalling an app. I tried holding the buttons to reboot but it always ended up at the same screen. I tried to restore but it failed. So i placed it back in the dock and just for the heck of it, ran jailbreak again. Jailbreak did recognize the phone! After jailbreak was finished I opened itunes and restored the phone. It took two or three tries but it made progress each time, until it was finally restored. Give it a shot and good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pmas For This Useful Post:

!Lauren<3 (09-05-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hopefully that works..I mean I tried Jailbreak already and it took a while that I just closed the window. Maybe I need to be patient and try again. I reinstalled iTunes and need to restart my computer. Hopefully that is all I need to do for the iTunes to recognize the iPhone. I really don't know..I'll post the results later.

Edit: After restarting my computer, and opening iTunes, iTunes detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to restore to factory settings. Hopefully this goes well =)
    Edit: It worked! I reinstalled the iTunes and it restored my cell.
    Last edited by !Lauren<3; 09-05-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: to say how I fixed it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

excellent.
    If it does not restore the first time don't be discouraged. It took three tries at restoring to finally restore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pmas For This Useful Post:

!Lauren<3 (09-05-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default help
    I had the same problem after installing mods, itunes didnt recognise it..... you can restore it on another computer or you can keep turning it on and off

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phm9110 For This Useful Post:

!Lauren<3 (09-07-2007)