+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP ME PLEASE!!! iPhone stuck on apple screen.

is a discussion within the

Windows Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
So... I have a 4.6 / 1.1.2 iphone, I jailbroke, activated and unlocked it using Siphone on a leopard working mac, but when I nayively upgraded to 1.1.3 it got
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy HELP ME PLEASE!!! iPhone stuck on apple screen.
    So... I have a 4.6 / 1.1.2 iphone, I jailbroke, activated and unlocked it using Siphone on a leopard working mac, but when I nayively upgraded to 1.1.3 it got in jail again. I tried unlocking it with a windows based Ziphone (on a computer running Windows XP) and francly I didn't read the instructions through (thought it would work like the mac based Ziphone) so I ran the program without putting the iPhone on recovery mode and then it got stuck on the black screen with the apple logo. iTunes won't recognize it and I haven't used any other software (like iBrickr or any other) to see if it works, the only way to turn it off is holding down the power and home buttons. Can anyone tell me what can I do? I really, really, really need some help cuz it's my girlfriend's phone and i screwed it up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same Problem
    Please Help me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

not to sure but have you tried the mac version of ziphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleodthefirst View Post
    So... I have a 4.6 / 1.1.2 iphone, I jailbroke, activated and unlocked it using Siphone on a leopard working mac, but when I nayively upgraded to 1.1.3 it got in jail again. I tried unlocking it with a windows based Ziphone (on a computer running Windows XP) and francly I didn't read the instructions through (thought it would work like the mac based Ziphone) so I ran the program without putting the iPhone on recovery mode and then it got stuck on the black screen with the apple logo. iTunes won't recognize it and I haven't used any other software (like iBrickr or any other) to see if it works, the only way to turn it off is holding down the power and home buttons. Can anyone tell me what can I do? I really, really, really need some help cuz it's my girlfriend's phone and i screwed it up.
    You might be having the same problem as I had.

The only way I could do anything was put it in recovery mode (this was with an iPod Touch) and plug it in and restore it with iTunes.

Just completely turn off the phone, Hold down the Home button, and while holding it plug it in to your computer. Keep holding it down and the icons on the screen will switch to recovery mode. iTunes should then recognize it.

Hope it helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleodthefirst View Post
    Alright. I've had this problem SO many times in the past month. It's actually really aggravating me, but I know how to fix it, so it's not nearly half as bad.

Apparently, the reason it gets stuck is because the springboard plist is corrupt or the permissions are not set correctly, therefore the phone doesn't know how to start it back up since it can't launch it.

What you have to do is SSH into your phone [I use WINscp, works like a charm] and locate the last file, app, theme, ANYTHING from installer that made your phone go into the Spinning Wheel of Death. Once you find it, just delete it through SSH and your phone should return to the unlock screen.

I could have so many more apps that I want on my phone, but about 50% of them cause my phone to spiral into a Spinning Wheel of Death, then I have to SSH and delete it. It's terrible.

Also, when making new bundles with Categories, it goes into the SWoD aswell. If anyone has any fix for this...maybe setting different permissions on a file? I tried 755 on my springboard plist as well as other springboard files but no luck.

Hope this helped.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to back2thebeatof84 For This Useful Post:

Nar-E (04-21-2008), qnc (08-11-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Put it in DUF mode, restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Worked for
    Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Alright. I've had this problem SO many times in the past month. It's actually really aggravating me, but I know how to fix it, so it's not nearly half as bad.

Apparently, the reason it gets stuck is because the springboard plist is corrupt or the permissions are not set correctly, therefore the phone doesn't know how to start it back up since it can't launch it.

What you have to do is SSH into your phone [I use WINscp, works like a charm] and locate the last file, app, theme, ANYTHING from installer that made your phone go into the Spinning Wheel of Death. Once you find it, just delete it through SSH and your phone should return to the unlock screen.

I could have so many more apps that I want on my phone, but about 50% of them cause my phone to spiral into a Spinning Wheel of Death, then I have to SSH and delete it. It's terrible.

Also, when making new bundles with Categories, it goes into the SWoD aswell. If anyone has any fix for this...maybe setting different permissions on a file? I tried 755 on my springboard plist as well as other springboard files but no luck.

Hope this helped.

Took several attempts to connect to my iphone using Winscp, but eventually got there... lucky i remember my ip address! Once connected successfully. Deleted last few installed apps in the installer folder... KAAAAAABOOOOM!!! Spring board pop up!!!

This is the 2nd time it happened to me, the last time I had to do a complete restore and activate. No need to Restore any longer!!!

MANY THANKS!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah i had the same problem once, i just turned off the phone holding both sleep and home buttom and once it turned off kept holding the home button and i let go of the sleep button. Eventually it went to DFU mode and i restored it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post

Hope this helped.
    my iphone got stuck, too. if i don't know my ip, how is WINscp gonna work? please help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it will not in the recovery mode as said by others... iphone goes in recovery mode when it is switched on or it is recognised by itunes.. as your phone is stuck with d apple logo n is nt switchin on you have put the phone in DFU Mode(cannot switch on without restore) that means if u in DFU mode you have to restore the firmware file and cannot go back to normal mode untill you do that..

switch off the phone and keep presing the home button within 6-8 seconds it will go to DFU mode then connect it to itunes and you will b able to restore it...
    this is the only option you have to restore it.. there is no other way to put your phone in recovery mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please,,,,
    how do you connect the iphone?