Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: how to make iPhone support Vietnamese in Safari and Mail. HELP ME

  1. #1
    Default how to make iPhone support Vietnamese in Safari and Mail. HELP ME
    i've read that thread show the Hebrew supportesd by inphone on Gizmodo.com. So any guys help me to make iPhone supports Vietnamese!
    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by man1969 View Post
    i've read that thread show the Hebrew supportesd by inphone on Gizmodo.com. So any guys help me to make iPhone supports Vietnamese!
    Thanks for your help!
    Me too! I'd like to figure out how to let me iPhone display Vietnamese, at least in the web browser. It's missing some of the letters. I think I found and extracted the right font from my mac but how do I get the iphone to recognize and use the font?

  3. #3
    Here is your answer. Go to
    Tinhte or pdaviet site

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tructhy View Post
    Here is your answer. Go to
    Tinhte or pdaviet site
    Thank you, but actually I am only a beginning student of Vietnamese and these web sites are all in Vietnamese. Is there a guide on one of them that you could point me to? Then I could try to follow it or ask someone for help in translating it.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    1) Download this file http://www.tinhte.info/TTUser/1_1193104352.zip

    2) Then unzip it. Password is www.tinhte.com

    3) use WinSCP or whatever to back up the folder /system/library/fonts in case thing goes wrong.

    4) Connect your iphone to your computer, open the unzipped folder and run "setup.bat" Follow instruction on screen

    You might get error "could not open ssl" or something like, its fine, dont worry about it, I got it too.. And it might hang for couple minutes, just wait, dont do anything, until it continue to run and ask you to reboot the iphone, then go ahead and do that. (your iphone is still connect to your computer) After reboot, just follow on screen instruction..until the program exit

    5) DONE, test it by go to www.vnexpress.net

    If something go wrong, just copy back the fonts folder that you backed up!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazaam For This Useful Post:

    aziatiklover (11-01-2007), beijingjj (11-06-2007)

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,337
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
    1) Download this file http://www.tinhte.info/TTUser/1_1193104352.zip

    2) Then unzip it. Password is www.tinhte.com

    3) use WinSCP or whatever to back up the folder /system/library/fonts in case thing goes wrong.

    4) Connect your iphone to your computer, open the unzipped folder and run "setup.bat" Follow instruction on screen

    You might get error "could not open ssl" or something like, its fine, dont worry about it, I got it too.. And it might hang for couple minutes, just wait, dont do anything, until it continue to run and ask you to reboot the iphone, then go ahead and do that. (your iphone is still connect to your computer) After reboot, just follow on screen instruction..until the program exit

    5) DONE, test it by go to www.vnexpress.net

    If something go wrong, just copy back the fonts folder that you backed up!
    big thanx man I just got my dad hook up
     Think Different

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    hook up with vietnamese girls? Nice

  9. #8
    Hello,

    I tried it out with Installer 3.0, but it seems that it doesn't work.

    I always got the downloading package failure. Can you please tell me another method to install this?

    Thanks

  10. #9
    I already make the font package. You can simply install it by add new source from installer:
    http://iphone.phuongnguyen.info

    This font working on FW 1.11 and FW 1.02

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn_T View Post
    Hello,

    I tried it out with Installer 3.0, but it seems that it doesn't work.

    I always got the downloading package failure. Can you please tell me another method to install this?

    Thanks
    download and unzip the file, use scp to upload the ttf files to the fonts/cache directory on your iphone. Take a look at the .bat file to see what to do. That's what I did and it worked.

  12. #11
    Some pictures:

    Add new source from Installer:


    New category "Vietnamese Software" appear:


    Install FontVN:



    Done! Restart your iPhone and view Vietnamese website. New fonts still working with Youtube

  13. #12
    That's pretty cool! I'll have to show my viet friends how to get that in!

  14. #13
    I don't think this font works for SMS messages though, does it?

    Any way to input Vietnamese yet?

  15. #14
    Hi beijingjj and friends,
    I tried to install the Vietnamese fonts package to my iPhone, but somehow it didn't work.
    I even tried to install WinSCP, but it asked for root password that noway I can find out. I then ping from DOS and received this message: "Problem starting AFC: -402653150"
    Here I am. Can you help to get around with this?
    By the way, I am using unlocked FW 1.1.1
    JB

    Well, I finally did it. Special thanks to Phuongnh.
    JB
    Last edited by josephb; 11-11-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #15
    how did u manage to get this installed? I added the source and attempted to dowload it but after its done downloading it tries to install but it just stops and goes back to the springboard and when I try again it gives me an error saying main script execution failed

  17. #16
    for Sweet Heart Software, add this source:
    iphone.phuongnguyen.info

    to install VN fonts and Keyboard, (in categories Vietnamese Software) install these in this order:
    Mobile Enhancer
    FontVN
    Vietnamese keyboard

    setup keyboard to type in Vietnamese, restart iPhone then goto
    >Setting >General >International >Keyboard >Russian then choose ON

    Notice: VietNamese (phuongnguyen.info) KeyBoard will not work in email address sections (To: and Cc: ) so choose Subject or Content of email to test your typing.

    alternate/click Globe button (2nd bottom-left button) to choose English or Vietnamese (phuongnguyen.info) back and forth for VN characters, just ignore the russian keyboard.

    I am currently using this package to read (web and weDict) and write (text and email) in Vietnamese with my iPhone (Firmware: 1.1.1).

    Many thanks to iphone.phuongnguyen.info, iphone.billydragon.net, and Slava Karpenko

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •